What's new

[ 3004.388.7 alpha 2 Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was doing this on A1 but its not now on A2.
Make sure your swap is actually working and that it shows when you run "free -m" over SSH. The info comes directly from the kernel.

True, but in my case I dont care for the unattainable ASUS Router 300.000 max limit 😁
But I do care of my poor ISP-s HGW that can easily crash already on 2.000 and on 10.000 is long gone... 😅
So sometimes I need to monitor that.
Didn't think anyone actually looked at those values, but I can add them back. They were initially removed in large part because I was intending on also removing the Wireless Client lines and replace them with tables cells as part of the initial dashboard plans, but those plans got ditched mid-development.

Didn't think anyone actually looked at those values, but I can add them back. They were initially removed in large part because I was intending on also removing the Wireless Client lines and replace them with tables cells as part of the initial dashboard plans, but those plans got ditched mid-development.
Great thanks!
Well I would prefer not to, but my crappy ISP HGW... 😅

And like I said, there is a better place for it anyways, if not too much effort, in the System Log - Active Connections or in the Classification page.

Hmmm, tables cells, would be nice... 😊

Hmmm, tables cells, would be nice... 😊
The current fixed layout design of Asuswrt makes it hard to have anything modern designed. That layout is even problematic for text-based tables that aren't wide enough, forcing me through design compromises on the Wireless Log or the Classification Log pages.

Asuswrt needs a complete webui redesign to bring it in 2024.

The current fixed layout design of Asuswrt makes it hard to have anything modern designed. That layout is even problematic for text-based tables that aren't wide enough, forcing me through design compromises on the Wireless Log or the Classification Log pages.

Guessed so, got it. No need to overdo it...

Thank you for all your efforts and enthusiasm!

Last edited:
For alpha 2, Network Map, Interface Mode, Wired can not sort using Clients Name --> Access time headings. Sorting OK for 2.4 and 5 GHz interfaces. Note: yellow highlight bar sits under column headings for Wired and over column headings for 2.4 and 5GHz interfaces.

Performed a dirty update to alpha 2 with a subsequent reboot on my AX86U Pro. Not other issues observed.

View attachment 57937

View attachment 57936

View attachment 57934
I see the same.

Make sure your swap is actually working and that it shows when you run "free -m" over SSH. The info comes directly from the kernel.
Yes it is showing thanks I will remember if it does this again.

wow what a nice design in sysinfo

1713167094591.png

1713167115585.png

I did some research, but don't have time to test a possible fix at the moment. Worst case scenario these two models (one of which is EOL anyway) will be reverted back to the previous kernel module.

The kernel module hasn't been updated since 2022 by its developer.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for that. All efforts to keep the EOL h/w alive much appreciated.

RT-AX86U Pro running smoothly on the latest alpha2.

Last edited:
1 day, 17 hr uptime after 2nd reboot post install.
WAN agg working correctly.
Thanks @RMerlin!

32-bit kernels failed to compile due to a bug with the new wireguard module.
Would it compile without the WireGuard module (I have lots of ax58u deployed but I only use OpenVPN)?

Would it compile without the WireGuard module (I have lots of ax58u deployed but I only use OpenVPN)?
Those are alpha builds, they are not releases. Whichever images available will be whichever actually compiles at the time I am doing compile tests.

If you have "lots of ax58u deployed", these probably shouldn't be running untested alpha builds.

If you didn't set it or enable the services that are listening on those ports, then someone else has admin/root level access to your router.
@littlepopkaka port 51413 is the default port for Transmission (bittorrent) if that's any clue as to what's happening.

Everything working great on 16000, 6000 and 88 but noticed today my homeassistant integration stopped working. Going back to alpha 1 fixes it.

Code:
Error logs:

Error setting up entry 192.168.0.1 for asusrouterTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 551, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/asusrouter/__init__.py", line 27, in async_setup_entry
    await router.setup()
  File "/config/custom_components/asusrouter/router.py", line 439, in setup
    await self._init_sensor_coordinators()
  File "/config/custom_components/asusrouter/router.py", line 812, in _init_sensor_coordinators
    available_sensors = await self.bridge.async_get_available_sensors()
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/asusrouter/bridge.py", line 231, in async_get_available_sensors
    SENSORS: await self._get_sensors_modern(AsusData.SYSINFO),
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/asusrouter/bridge.py", line 512, in _get_sensors_modern
    data = await self.api.async_get_data(datatype)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/asusrouter/asusrouter.py", line 654, in async_get_data
    processed = process(
                ^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/asusrouter/modules/endpoint/__init__.py", line 114, in process
    return submodule.process(data)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/asusrouter/modules/endpoint/sysinfo.py", line 65, in process
    jffs_total = safe_float(jffs_data[1])
                            ~~~~~~~~~^^^
IndexError: list index out of range

Is this something I need to change in HA code?

Yes, and the WebUI exposes complexity under the hood...

Not all Asus devices are Broadcom based, but the WeuUI has to support multiple vendors and SDK's...

Everything working great on 16000, 6000 and 88 but noticed today my homeassistant integration stopped working. Going back to alpha 1 fixes it.

Code:
Error logs:

Error setting up entry 192.168.0.1 for asusrouterTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 551, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/asusrouter/__init__.py", line 27, in async_setup_entry
    await router.setup()
  File "/config/custom_components/asusrouter/router.py", line 439, in setup
    await self._init_sensor_coordinators()
  File "/config/custom_components/asusrouter/router.py", line 812, in _init_sensor_coordinators
    available_sensors = await self.bridge.async_get_available_sensors()
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/asusrouter/bridge.py", line 231, in async_get_available_sensors
    SENSORS: await self._get_sensors_modern(AsusData.SYSINFO),
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/asusrouter/bridge.py", line 512, in _get_sensors_modern
    data = await self.api.async_get_data(datatype)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/asusrouter/asusrouter.py", line 654, in async_get_data
    processed = process(
                ^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/asusrouter/modules/endpoint/__init__.py", line 114, in process
    return submodule.process(data)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/asusrouter/modules/endpoint/sysinfo.py", line 65, in process
    jffs_total = safe_float(jffs_data[1])
                            ~~~~~~~~~^^^
IndexError: list index out of range

Is this something I need to change in HA code?
I have the exact same problem

I have the exact same problem
You will have to ask whoever developed this, I have no idea what their code is doing. I see references to JFFS, so I suspect they may be accessing data not intended for public access. They will have to adjust their code if the internal data changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!