What's new

354 wireless am getting a much better 2.4 band signal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jerry6

Very Senior Member
even 5 band is a bit more stable , can't wait for the Merlin build . So far this has the best wireless performance

When the source code be out, merlin will for shure update, I have tested 354 and apears fo be faster and stable in all respects, but I need some of the merlin features, so I reverted back to 270.26b.

354 sourcecode is avaliable now, I am shure merlin will update to this version, I love the way asus implemented the search for mac address.

Last edited:
354 sourcecode is avaliable now, I am shure merlin will update to this version, I love the way asus implemented the search for mac address.

Where can I get it from?
is their a link anywhere?
thank you,bigcid10

even 5 band is a bit more stable , can't wait for the Merlin build . So far this has the best wireless performance
We tried 354 and it was a disaster. It kept booting my daughter's laptop off and other connections were spotty. The Cisco AC Media Bridge in my master bedroom dropped its connection like crazy. My wife had issues with her laptop also and my laptop would not connect to anything while on the patio. Other than that it worked great. Needless to say we are back to 270.26b.

actually there's a new beta (3.04.354) out 03-25-2013 today for the r66u

actually there's a new beta (3.04.354) out 03-25-2013 today for the r66u

This is to replace the 3.0.0.5.354 beta that was accidentally released last Friday (that beta had the unfinished Dual WAN option enabled).

Geez, how much better can the wireless get ;)?

When I got this router, I could get rid of my wireless booster that was needed to give my son a reasonable signal at the other end of the house. Now he gets a better signal barefoot:).

Always used Merlin's firmware - only used the Asus stock to upgrade.

DrT