What's new

384.15 WAN connection crashed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nihon

Regular Contributor
Hi
I updated to 384.15 yesterday and installed the following great addons using amtm.
  • Diversion
  • Skynet
  • FreshJR
  • YazFi
  • Connmon
  • SpdMerlin
  • UiDivStats
  • (Entware)
This evening suddenly the WAN connection dropped out. I checked with people having the same ISP in the neighborhood first and they had no problems. I then rebooted the Asus 86U and it resolved the issue. This WAN crash happened about 19.00 and I rebooted at 19.29.

I uploaded my status log to pastebin and kindly ask you to look at it. It has plenty of kernel messages that says nothing to me but hopefully for someone else?
https://pastebin.com/jqyRjYq1

Hope to contribute and that my logs may help in case this is a bug. I have 2 Asus routers now, and this is the first time ever (during the last 5 to 7 years) I encounter a stability issue with this awesome FW. Let me know if I can provide any other information that could help?

(obviously the LAN / Wireless still worked)

Thanks to Connmon one can clearly see exactly when it dropped.
upload_2020-2-24_21-44-19.png

Hello,

I am a newbie to this thread so I apologize for any dumb things I am missing!

I also am experiencing problems with an ASUS RT-AX88U connected with AIMesh to two RT-AX92U satellites. I was running the ASUS Latest Firmware (7968) on the router and APs and downloaded the 384.15 Asuswrt-Merlin and flashed it to the router only. I explored this since the QOS performance was horrible.

After flashing this, I am finding the WAN connection drops to my devices perhaps once every 3-5 minutes on average. When waking devices from sleep, the WiFi is often not found automatically.

No other installs were on the router so it must be the 384.15 firmware.

LAN devices seem unaffected as to other devices connected to another router (fed by LAN from the RT-AX88U).

Any thoughts on this or are there any screen shots / specs anyone would like to see to diagnose this?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"After flashing this, I am finding the WAN connection drops to my devices perhaps once every 3-5 minutes on average. When waking devices from sleep, the WiFi is often not found automatically. "

I had the exact same issue with my RT-AX88U and the 384.15 beta. This even after a reset post firmware upgrade.

Dropped back to 384.14 without the reset and the WAN connection is stable. I'll avoid 384.15 and try again when 384.16 becomes available

Hi. I'm getting similar using 384.14 on the RT ac-3200. The wan drops out and I like got lag when trying to load pages etc. Like sometimes up to 10 seconds. Which firmware should I drop to until the issue is resolved? Thanks

Thanks -- I am glad to hear others have the same issue. I was playing around with settings today and I captured this behavior again couple of times from the system log. Any thoughts on if this could be a firmware or setting issue?

https://pastebin.com/8WzQA2X1

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!