What's new

[384.18_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I still don’t understand after reading that (I see instructions on how to enable it, but not what it does?).

Who can explain it in a one-liner?
Adds a WAN 'continuous mode' option based on the available info on ASUS's implementation. This is reported to address "ISP's DHCP did not function properly" errors, primarily seen on Australia's new NBN service.

Adds a WAN 'continuous mode' option based on the available info on ASUS's implementation. This is reported to address "ISP's DHCP did not function properly" errors, primarily seen on Australia's new NBN service.

I think the question is, how does this mode differ in operation than the other two options we have had in the previous versions. What does it actually do?

Hello
The set 'continuous mode' doesn’t show.
After the update and two restart ... nothing. My router is rt-ac86u

Thanks

Hello

Thanks
Could it possibly be region-based as the addition was made to address an issue in Australia?

Hello

Thanks
Different router here, but are you looking on WAN page?
upload_2020-6-14_9-9-6.png

I think the question is, how does this mode differ in operation than the other two options we have had in the previous versions. What does it actually do?
It removes the delay between WAN DHCP attempts after a failure (default/Aggressive is 20 sec, Normal is 160 sec, Continuous is zero seconds).

New builds!

:) Thanks, just downloaded and run for about 2 hours :)

Full factory Reset this time after Flashing 384.18_alpha1(June 13) over 384.18_alpha1(May 29) on my AiMesh Router (RT-AX88U) + 2x AiMesh Nodes (RT-AC86U) with stock FW 3.0.0.4_384_81918, all seems good:
  • Very Stable Wifi: Using Fixed WiFi Control Channel & bandwidth (2.4GHz: Ch 11 20MHz, 5.0GHz: Ch 149 80MHz)
  • GUI Configuration: AiProtection, Asus DDNS (Let's Encrypt), OpenVPN Server working with Tunnelblick (macOS Catalina 10.15.5) & OpenVPN Connect (iOS 13.5.1)
  • With Amtm 3.1.7FW reformat USB Drive and Re-installed Scripts from scratch: Diversion 4.1.12, uiDivStats 2.1.0, Skynet 7.1.8, connmon 2.6.0

Up-to-date changelog:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/blob/master/Changelog-NG.txt

Excited to see 384_81918 for mainline + AC86U, been reading a few good things about this build over in Asus Official. 81858 also included "improved connection stability" and "optimized CPU utilization", which are probably included in 81918. Might dirty flash later tonight.

The first 384.18 alpha with 384_81846 on my AC86U has been rock-solid.

EDIT: Pinging @DarkKnight75 because I know how much you love 81918 and your posts are tempting me to install the latest alpha RMerlin just uploaded ;) I was on Merlin 384.13 up until a couple of days ago.

EDIT 2: dirty flashed to latest alpha; confirmed DHCP Continuous mode is still enabled.

Yes...latest firmware from Asus is rock solid and will stay on stock for now.

:) Thanks, just downloaded and run for about 2 hours :)

Full factory Reset this time after Flashing 384.18_alpha1(June 13) over 384.18_alpha1(May 29) on my AiMesh Router (RT-AX88U) + 2x AiMesh Nodes (RT-AC86U) with stock FW 3.0.0.4_384_81918, all seems good:
  • Very Stable Wifi: Using Fixed WiFi Control Channel & bandwidth (2.4GHz: Ch 11 20MHz, 5.0GHz: Ch 149 80MHz)
  • GUI Configuration: AiProtection, Asus DDNS (Let's Encrypt), OpenVPN Server working with Tunnelblick (macOS Catalina 10.15.5) & OpenVPN Connect (iOS 13.5.1)
  • With Amtm 3.1.7FW reformat USB Drive and Re-installed Scripts from scratch: Diversion 4.1.12, uiDivStats 2.1.0, Skynet 7.1.8, connmon 2.6.0

What do you do in a full factory reset? Please let me know. I am planning on moving from Asus official firmware to Merlin.

Full factory reset RT-AX88U
I still get same error i get on 384.17

Jun 14 10:43:28 kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set
I always did dirty flashing since 384.14 but I figured I give this a try and do full Factory reset, reformat my USB, and manually re-setup the router from scratch.

What do you do in a full factory reset? Please let me know. I am planning on moving from Asus official firmware to Merlin.
Search for user L&LD and look at nuclear reset and m&m config procedures and you will know everything to do when flashing Merlin firmware. after you are done and in case of Apple devices make sure you reset network settings on your devices.

I just updated my AC86U from 384.17. Everything is working alright, however there is something in the webinterface I did not mention in 384.17.

On the right top corner there is now an icon to adjust the adaptive QoS. In the menu on the left there is an option "Open NAT" without an icon before it.

oTNZI9S.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!