What's new

[384.18_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@RMerlin I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and I noticed this potential glitch on the previous fm as well.

A couple things:

I've noticed under DNSFilter tab, I currently have DNSFilter enabled to router. I also have certain devices filtered to a custom DNS. I have noticed every now and then that a new rule has been automatically created for a device already on the list (basically a duplicate) but instead of reflecting the custom DNS I've initially assigned, it shows as No filtering. No big deal as I simply delete the duplicate rule. Just curious if anyone has encountered this?

Under the built-in DoT, I tried to assign an assigned DoT from the server list provided by choosing only the cloudflare IPV6 DNS option only and I lose internet. Once I add the IPV4 server list, my internet comes back up. This happens when choosing the QUAD9 IPV6 as well.

However I do have IPV6 disabled in my router. Does IPV6 need to be enabled in order to use the predefined IPV6 DNS server?

Enable IPv6 in this (DoT) case, Yes!:D

384.18 alpha for AC86U was just uploaded 1 hour ago in onedrive.
If OpenNAT icon is missing, clear browser cache.

Merged GPL + SDK 384_81846 (RT-AC86U) (code is almost identical to 385_20490)
Merged RT-AC86U binary blobs from 384_81846

Last edited:
If OpenNAT icon is missing, clear browser cache.
Are you currently using it?

Nice! Anyone knows if this is based on 3.0.0.4.384.81858?

Can only see this build info now:
- UPDATED: Merged GPL 384_8563 for AX models.
- UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 384_8563 for RT-AX88U.
- UPDATED: amtm to 3.1.7.
- FIXED: ssh/scp client would fail to connect while negotiating
a chacha20 connection (themiron)

Would the new learning qos category for adaptive qos make qos categorizing have to be reworked for @FreshJR adaptive qos script
Unfortunately yes, @RMerlin himself posted some instructions in the relevant thread in case anyone wants to attempt fixing the script.

In other notes, I installed the beta on my AC86U and so far it seems quite stable. I like a lot the ability to set the Wi-Fi channels manually even when the smart connect feature is active. The new QoS categories, don't care much, losing the FreshJR script is bad though.

Unfortunately yes, @RMerlin himself posted some instructions in the relevant thread in case anyone wants to attempt fixing the script.

In other notes, I installed the beta on my AC86U and so far it seems quite stable. I like a lot the ability to set the Wi-Fi channels manually even when the smart connect feature is active. The new QoS categories, don't care much, losing the FreshJR script is bad though.

Incase they want to read it.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...and-inner-workings.36836/page-216#post-586773

384_81846, although it's not fully integrated yet. There are SSL certificate changes that haven't been realigned with my code yet.

@RMerlin for those of us who may not grasp where the number comes from...Does the code for 384_81846 fall between two "official" firmware? Asus has 384.81858 and 384.81369. I put my glasses on but I would assume yours falls in between them?

@RMerlin for those of us who may not grasp where the number comes from...Does the code for 384_81846 fall between two "official" firmware? Asus has 384.81858 and 384.81369. I put my glasses on but I would assume yours falls in between them?

That's correct. Version numbers are sequential when looked at for one single model. That's the latest GPL that I have available for that model.

Fixed only on the AX branch?

I don't know. I'm at the code merge stage at this point, not at the debugging stage.

Is anyone able to get the wireless radio scheduler to work in the RT-AC86U alpha (384.18)? I rolled back to 384.17 for now.

@JJohnson1988 see the post above (specifically the reply to Sanna1967).

I think you may be expecting too much. Or, it may be required to do a full reset after flashing the firmware to properly test for that feature to work for you.

(Don't import any saved backup config files either afterward). :)

rt-ac86u 384.18 alpha build works well besides openvpn, it doesnt upload the ca from the .openvpn file , i have did multiple restarts and hard resets and yea vpn has issues everything else is okay went back to 384.17

@JJohnson1988 see the post above (specifically the reply to Sanna1967).

I think you may be expecting too much. Or, it may be required to do a full reset after flashing the firmware to properly test for that feature to work for you.

(Don't import any saved backup config files either afterward). :)
I saw that but didn't think the scheduler was affected. Ah well, I'll give it some time. Thanks.

RT-AX88U_384.18_alpha1-g38ed4a85db
after Chrome update version 83.0.4103.61, the wireless log is not displayed correctly

pNJFi22.jpg

ydP8go3.jpg

:p

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!