What's new

[384.18_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just updated to this latest alpha on both routers. So far everything working smoothly.

Updated to latest alpha as well. So far its working as expected. Excited about this release due to the chatter on the official firmware threads.

Excited to see 384_81918 for mainline + AC86U, been reading a few good things about this build over in Asus Official. 81858 also included "improved connection stability" and "optimized CPU utilization", which are probably included in 81918. Might dirty flash later tonight.

Yeah, 81918 seems to have been received with almost universal acclaim, so I've installed the new alpha as well. All ok so far.

I can confirm the latest Alpha contains DHCP "Continuous" mode as an option on the WAN Settings page (at least for AC86U) :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-14_02-16-59.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-14_02-16-59.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 285
Just updated to new alpha build, seems working just fine. all bunch of my script working fine.
Uptime 0 days 0 hour(s) 28 minute(s) 39 seconds

Thank You
RMerlin

I can confirm the latest Alpha contains DHCP "Continuous" mode as an option on the WAN Settings page (at least for AC86U) :cool:
On the RT-AC5300 the continuous mode setting you describe is NOT present.
Flashed the second Alpha and it runs smoothly. Will give it a few days before updating my second router.

can confirm its not present on the ax88U.

I have noticed that the signal strength on the RT-AC5300 is 5-6% less with the second Alpha version compared to the first Alpha.

I have running Merlin based firmware for years on my rt-ac68u , but with the last couple of versions I always ran into problems with the port forwarding.

When I install the different firmwares, I did a factory reset and build all the settings from scratch and it was working alright, inbound and outbound traffic . But after some time the inbound traffic (port forwarding) stops working. There is no more response on the outside on the different ports (for example HTTP(S) and SSH) from the internal servers. Internet access from the local network works just fine without any problems.

The OpenVPN connection to the router still works, so when I am external, I can logon to the internal network and reset the router from there, after the reboot, the port forwarding is working again for some time, but eventually it stops working again.

I have also tried a new rt-ac68u router to exclude some hardware issue with the old router, but the problem still is there.

I now run the stock firmware 3.0.0.4.385.20490 from Asus on both routers (the second one is now an AiMesh extension) without any problems after weeks of uptime.

Are there more people here who faced the same problems and most important is it fixed in one of the latest firmwares?

For a noob like me, can you clarify what does the continues mode do?

Edit: it's not available on mine. Does wan have to be set on automatic IP? Because I'm on static

Have been up now with the latest beta for 6 hours as per my signature, and ALL is good, nothing to report at this stage, system log quiet. A really good sign.

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade to latest 384.18-alpha from prior alpha on RT-AC86U [Aimesh Router] and RT-AC5300 [Aimesh Node] - rock steady and QOS working better than ever [with or without FreshJR alpha]. Many thanks. :D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!