What's new

[384.8_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Working fine so far...........keep testing. :)
Uptime 0 days 0 hours 50 minute(s) 12 seconds

GPL 384.32799 is now available :)

NEW: Merged with GPL + binary blobs from 384_32799
for AC68U/AC88U/AC3100/AC5300.
NEW: Merged binary blobs from 384_32797 for RT-AC86U.

AC3100 Dirty Upgrade from V384.8.alpha2-g952ef6def to 384.8_alpha3-g65be6df90 and all looks good so far.

32799 GPL is almost identical to 32797, the very few changes are almost entirely in the binary blobs from what I can see (I think they were related to wifi).

32799 GPL is almost identical to 32797, the very few changes are almost entirely in the binary blobs from what I can see (I think they were related to wifi).
Am I right saying there is only 2 modifications from 32797 to 32799?

Am I right saying there is only 2 modifications from 32797 to 32799?

All the changes are in the binary blobs, and since they are closed source, it's impossible to say what changed.

Great build 384.8_alpha3-g65be6df90. Certs are visible again., and error/something. kernel: [tdts_shell_ioctl_stat:256] Recv ioctl req with op 2 is gone. Thumbs up !

Congrats Eric, your effort is really appreciated :)

Someone knows how can I compile the last firmware from sources? I have found this tutorial -> https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Compile-Firmware-from-source-using-Linux-Mint

However, it doesn't seem to be updated (for example for RT-AC86U) or is the same path like before?

Thx in advance.

RT-AC86U is from the release/src-rt-5.02hnd/ folder. Make sure you do setup the HND toolchain, as explained in the README from the am-toolchains repo.

and error/something. kernel: [tdts_shell_ioctl_stat:256] Recv ioctl req with op 2 is gone. Thumbs up !

Not gone, just hidden. These are debug output lines generated by the Trend Micro engine, and nobody but them know what they actually mean.

AC3100 working fine with the new binary blobs!!;):)

Not gone, just hidden. These are debug output lines generated by the Trend Micro engine, and nobody but them know what they actually mean.

Hidden is oke I think, meaning i see no performance downgrade when i had these, it was strange to see it every 30 to 60 mins or so. So I looked on the internet for words, like: ioctl and found, ioctl is the interface between clients and op-tee Linux driver, but it didn't make common sense to me. I know you and more ppl here have much more understanding of these words to make some sense of it. In short WiFi is working fine, still figuring out how to fine-tune Wireless - Smart Connect Rule when all goes back to 2.4 so separation of 5 and 2.4 is the only option with separate WiFi names. VPN,s are up and the rest is just great...Cant wait for your next release :)

@RMerlin great to see quick such turnaround on the alpha 3 for the 86u 32799 gpl, that was really fast.

Unfortunately for me, whatever secret sauce Asus implemented to prevent random wifi drops with my google home streaming was not carried over in your latest alpha 3. So i'm back to choosing between solid wifi or fast SNB with great QOS.
Maybe you could ask Asus Devs what changes were done in 32799 for their claimed "wifi stability improvement"?

Thanks

AC3100 working fine with the new binary blobs!!;):)

I still get both 2.4 and 5G showing "0" as a value for RSSI and SNR on the Wireless Log page low level information. Is this displaying non-zero values for you now?

I still get both 2.4 and 5G showing "0" as a value for RSSI and SNR on the Wireless Log page low level information. Is this displaying non-zero values for you now?
Mine still show “0”. I think they were this way stock, but I could be wrong.

Oops!:oops::oops: You are so right. Nice catch. Yes nothing has changed, still "0" values for both RSSI and SNR. As it pertains to the new low level wireless log pop over.

Mine still show “0”. I think they were this way stock, but I could be wrong.
I haven't run stock firmware on my RT-AC3100 since I first booted it and flashed to Merlin so I don't know if this an ASUS or Merlin issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!