What's new

[384.8_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

On the Wireless Log page there is a new feature to open low level information. I noticed that both 2.4 and 5G show "0" as a value for RSSI and SNR, however the information is displayed accurately under the station information table. Everything else seems to be ok on that popup.

On the Wireless Log page there is a new feature to open low level information. I noticed that both 2.4 and 5G show "0" as a value for RSSI and SNR, however the information is displayed accurately under the station information table. Everything else seems to be ok on that popup.
I am seeing the exact same "0" values as you report. Good catch. So far this release seems very stable and wifi performance has been great.

Last edited:
- Under "Wireless" | there is a Tab called "Roaming Block List", which by its description is tied into "Aimesh Nodes". Merlin, since you do not support Aimesh, should this Tab be there, and can you even remove it if it provides no function in your firmware?

Ignore the description, the Roaming Assistant is part of the base firmware.

I did a dirty upgrade over the second revision alpha 1 36 hours ago and i have not had a single issue!
I have had this error kernel: [tdts_shell_ioctl_stat:256] Recv ioctl req with op 2 since updating to 384.7 final and couldn’t get rid of it, even with numerous factory resets but now it’s gone :)

Just wanted to add a data point for Alpha2; I still get, like 384.7 before it, a "Disconnected" notification whilst actually having Internet connectivity. This having done a restore to factory default settings after flashing, with minimum setup; just WAN and Wireless Settings. Appreciate it is probably some compatibility with my ISP, but it is very frustrating. Logs as linked (not sure why I can't add as a txt file). I note some weird swapping of the time by GMT offset (8hrs) too.

btw what happened to the "dns rebind protection" setting in the GUI?

Back to 384.5 I go. :)

LOGS: https://ufile.io/zycij

Attachments

• Connected but Not.jpg
    Connected but Not.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Just wanted to add a data point for Alpha2; I still get, like 348.7 before it, a "Disconnected" notification whilst actually having Internet connectivity. This having done a restore to factory default settings after flashing, with minimum setup; just WAN and Wireless Settings. Appreciate it is probably some compatibility with my ISP, but it is very frustrating. Logs attached. I note some weird swapping of the time by GMT offset (8hrs) too.

Back to 348.5 I go. :)
DNS rebind protection is now under Lan and dhcp server tab.

DNS rebind protection is now under Lan and dhcp server tab.
Cheers. I read somewhere in SNB it might help with keeping hold of the ISP DNS Servers (clearly I am grasping at straws), so wanted to try anything ...

Just wanted to add a data point for Alpha2; I still get, like 384.7 before it, a "Disconnected" notification whilst actually having Internet connectivity. This having done a restore to factory default settings after flashing, with minimum setup; just WAN and Wireless Settings. Appreciate it is probably some compatibility with my ISP, but it is very frustrating. Logs as linked (not sure why I can't add as a txt file). I note some weird swapping of the time by GMT offset (8hrs) too.

Back to 384.5 I go. :)

There is a setting on the Tools other settings page.
Code:
Wan: Use DNS probes to determine if WAN is up (default: Yes)
Try this set to no, and reboot. It may help.

Just had a kernel call trace with RT-AC86U_384.8_alpha2-g952ef6def
Trying to use iptables to do some mirroring of traffic.
I know it will crash if I try to script the entries, but it did not do so if I entered them manually on previous versions.
This is the issue shown here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/hard-crash-with-iptable-entries-ac86u-384-8-alpha.49580/

Going to try to go back to 7.2 and see if there issue is present there.

Yes, it is present there as well. So, no new issue with .8 builds.

You have a very short DHCP lease time from your ISP (30 minutes). Is that normal for you?

You have a very short DHCP lease time from your ISP (30 minutes). Is that normal for you?
Yup; I have been watching that over the last couple of weeks. Sometimes after a reboot they only give me 10 minutes....

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 407
Small Q, I'm not seeing Cert keys for my open vpn client after import, I'm connected tough and all seems fine. Trouble is after a new VPN provider search i had to adjust the keys manually and could not see them after a save. First i thought it was the new VPN provider, after a search from my standard VPN provider i couldn't see any keys as well. I did a reset a fresh install of Alpha 2 and 3 and couldn't see the keys there and tried different browsers. I reverted back to the official Asus firmware and there i could see the keys. But that's not want i want due to the flexibility of Merlin. Anyone else have this? if not, any recommendations? Thanks!

Attachments

• Connected tough.JPG
    Connected tough.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 372
  • No Keys.JPG
    No Keys.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 389
Small Q, I'm not seeing Cert keys for my open vpn client after import

It's a bug in this alpha, pre-release build. The issue is already fixed on my end, you will have to wait for the next public build, or compile an updated build yourself.

It's a bug in this alpha, pre-release build. The issue is already fixed on my end, you will have to wait for the next public build, or compile an updated build yourself.

Good to know its bug in this pre-release alpha build and will be fixed. Thanks for the efforts Merlin!

port forwarding log is not working, on my 88u as well as upnp, is being intermittent even though a forward works after multiple attempts nothing still shows up.

@RMerlin , I self compiled the commits as of 9 November. It compiled good. Running this compilation in RT-AC86U now. Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!