What's new

[384.8_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it worth waiting to update to the latest alpha 1?
The last one is still running very well on my ac68u and I won’t have time to reset for a few days if things are not quite right.

3:rd generations alpha-1 build testing and working fine after:
Uptime 0 days 0 hours 29 minute(s) 22 seconds

Is it worth waiting to update to the latest alpha 1?
The last one is still running very well on my ac68u and I won’t have time to reset for a few days if things are not quite right.
I went back to the previous build for now, since I use the wireless log to quickly monitor for disconnects. The build seems very solid and if you don’t use the log, it should be fine.

I am unable to see 5 ghz status on wireless log page with 384.8_alpha1-g6cb8f6716.
Also Display low level details doesn't display anything for me with either band. I already refresh browser cache and try different browser.

Edit:1 I forgot to mention I am using Rt-ac86u as my primary router.

Last edited:
I went back to the previous build for now, since I use the wireless log to quickly monitor for disconnects. The build seems very solid and if you don’t use the log, it should be fine.
I think that I will wait and have a look at the next one because I use the wireless log quite often.

I think that I will wait and have a look at the next one because I use the wireless log quite often.
Same here.

It was running perfectly fine though. You do have some good uptime on the previous build and it’s been working good for you—so if it ain’t broke... :D

Same here.

It was running perfectly fine though. You do have some good uptime on the previous build and it’s been working good for you—so if it ain’t broke... :D
I rebooted yesterday after 8 days of uptime and it didn’t actually need rebooting.
It’s a solid revision!

All is working fine with: 384.8_alpha1-g6cb8f6716, on the RT-AC86U with a dirty install. The new button Wireless Log is showing dynamically all details. Nice!
0 days 1 hours 7 minute(s) 48 seconds

All is working fine with: 384.8_alpha1-g6cb8f6716, on the RT-AC86U with a dirty install. The new button Wireless Log is showing dynamically all details. Nice!
0 days 1 hours 7 minute(s) 48 seconds
I am curious what kind of detail you see on wireless page, can you share a screenshot with personal info wiped out.
I am using rt-ac86u as well, surprisingly it doesn't work on mine.

I reverted back as well.

Here is a overview in section: Wireless Log. The browser i use is Edge and IE 11. RSSI PSM SGI STBC MUBF Tx rate Rx rate and Connect Time is dynamic. 0 days 9 hours 0 minute(s) 42 seconds.

Attachments

• Capture 1.jpg
    Capture 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 510
  • Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 436
  • Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 492
I am curious what kind of detail you see on wireless page, can you share a screenshot with personal info wiped out.

Please see my last post.

I can report that the OVPN server management is a lot more stable in the 3rd alpha. In the last two alphas the server would, for some reason, hang during the router reboot and had to be reset in the webui. Now the server automatically starts up with the router, as it did on all previous builds.

Same for me, shows nothing. No 5ghz section either

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade AC3100 firmware from V384.8_alpha1_g6cb8f6716 to V384.8_alpha2_g952ef6def, no cold boot done.

- "System Log" | "Wireless Log" | "Wireless 5GHz" connected wireless clients is back!
- All other functions seem to be working, looks like a good alpha2 so far Merlin!!

Side Note:

- Under "Wireless" | there is a Tab called "Roaming Block List", which by its description is tied into "Aimesh Nodes". Merlin, since you do not support Aimesh, should this Tab be there, and can you even remove it if it provides no function in your firmware?

Upgraded to Alpha 2 and seems to working.
Uptime 0 days 9 hours 35 minute(s) 5 seconds.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!