What's new

[384.8_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Have there been any changes with QOS in this update?
Not that I have noticed yet. The next gpl merge has a QOS fix in it I hear.

Not that I have noticed yet. The next gpl merge has a QOS fix in it I hear.
I have had major problems with bufferbloat even with running FreshJR’s script until I updated to this alpha. I now get A+ across the board and everything else is running really well :)
I still have FreshJR’s script running though.

How is WiFi stability on this alpha thus far?

GPL 32799, which Asus hasn’t released yet, has a “WiFi Stability Fix” listed in release notes. I was wondering if previous GPL has any WiFi oddities going on.

Thanks!

Wireless driver seems to be updated, according to tools page information.

I took the plunge and upgraded. Cleared browser cache right after update, like @RMerlin recommended. No blank white spaces upon entering GUI. Everything seems fine so far.

I did see a possible graphic glitch under the “Site Survey” tab. Under where it says “Wireless - Visible Networks” there is a blank box showing in Safari and in IE 11 there’s an “x” placeholder.

I posted a screenshot from Safari. Just an “x” there in IE. Just wanted to make you aware, Eric.

Thanks.

C716DE37-67D4-4924-9C51-1263B535CE7B.jpeg

Alpha 1 does include the qos fix for the 86u
I have the Ac68u though.
Whatever is in the update it has definitely fixed my QOS issue which makes me a happy man and has got my kids jumping for joy because of the low stable pings on both the xboxone and PS4!

I took the plunge and upgraded. Cleared browser cache right after update, like @RMerlin recommended. No blank white spaces upon entering GUI. Everything seems fine so far.

I did see a possible graphic glitch under the “Site Survey” tab. Under where it says “Wireless - Visible Networks” there is a blank box showing in Safari and in IE 11 there’s an “x” placeholder.

I posted a screenshot from Safari. Just an “x” there in IE. Just wanted to make you aware, Eric.

Thanks.

View attachment 14718
Yep site survey page does have a visual glitch.

Mine is like this:

Attachments

• ASUS Wireless Router RT AC3100   Site Survey.png
    ASUS Wireless Router RT AC3100 Site Survey.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 628
On the site survey page I also see blue writing where the color was white.
ASUS Wireless Router RT AC3100   Site Survey.png

Yep site survey page does have a visual glitch.

Asus replaced an HTML image with CSS code. I haven't gone through all of my own pages yet to implement the same change, only did a few that came up with a grep search.

Just a heads up alpha testers. For some reason I lost throughput on 5G wifi. I turned 5G off and on and it recovered. I'm going to watch this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!