What's new

[384.8_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I both; closed & reopened browser; then re booted device. The white fields problem was still there. (iPad).
So, reverted, reflashed & all good.
A mystery....
How about clearing browser cash, images cookies etc.

I apologize but where can I find the 384.8 alpha for AC68R?

is this based on the latest 32799 source code?

Just tested new Alpha 1 build and have some issues. Some of my wifi devices connects but have no internet.
Reverted back to to 384.7 release and wifi connect to internet working fine again.
I have some white fields and after ctrl-f5 working fine.

Last edited:
Just tested new Alpha 1 build and have some issues. Some of my wifi devices connects but have no internet.
Reverted back to to 384.7 release and wifi connect to internet working fine again.
I have some white fields and after ctrl-f5 working fine.
I have had a similar issue with one device, an android box. It connects but internet to it was virtually non existent although when I enabled universal beamforming on 5g it worked fine.
I’ve been running with universal beamforming disabled for at least 6 months without a problem and the device was working fine until I upgraded to alpha 1.
I’ll leave alpha 1 running for the time being and test my other devices during the day and see what happens.

I have had a similar issue with one device, an android box. It connects but internet to it was virtually non existent although when I enabled universal beamforming on 5g it worked fine.
I’ve been running with universal beamforming disabled for at least 6 months without a problem and the device was working fine until I upgraded to alpha 1.
I’ll leave alpha 1 running for the time being and test my other devices during the day and see what happens.
I haven’t had any connection issues, but my WiFi speeds haven’t been consistent at all. Prior build, based on GPL 21152, I was consistently getting my full speeds. Speeds are up and down with this GPL (32738).

I noticed GPL 32799 contains a “Fixed WIFI stability issue”. I’m going to stay on 384.7 for now and wait until 32799 is merged, then will try again. Just sharing my experience. It could be different for others.

Last edited:
I haven’t had any connection issues, but my WiFi speeds haven’t been consistent at all. Prior build, based on GPL 21152, I was consistently getting my full speeds. Speeds are up and down with this GPL (32738).

I noticed GPL 32799 contains a “Fixed WIFI stability issue”. I’m going to stay on 384.7 for now and wait until 32799 is merged, then will try again. Just sharing my experience. It could be different for others.
I’ve had no issues with my speeds at all with WIFI, it seems fairly stable but there’s actually been a big improvement with QOS it’s just the one device so far that won’t really work without universal beamforming enabled.
I’m considering just factory resetting and reconfiguring and see if that sorts it out.

I’m considering just factory resetting and reconfiguring and see if that sorts it out.
Interesting. I’ve always had beamforming off here as well. Good idea to reset. Let us know how it goes.

Interesting. I’ve always had beamforming off here as well. Good idea to reset. Let us know how it goes.
I have to try and fit in the reset around the kids as they feel like they have lost a limb when the internet goes down :)
I’ll let you know how it all goes.

Something I noticed since 384.7 beta 2 is sometimes when rebooting or uploading new firmware. The light's on my router go out as if it is in stealth mode, and require's a second reboot in order to restore the LED lights on the front panel. I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue and figured it might of been fixed in 384.8, but I saw it happen again.

During this oddness, everything work's on the router as it is suppose to, so the issue is very low priority, since nothing else is out the ordinary. At first I thought it might of been my script's, so I formatted my /jffs and reinstalled all my script's, with the same behavior.

I would say the rate of occurrence is 3 out of every 5 reboot's it happens.

Other than that one odd issue, I haven't noticed any other issue's with my router other than some browser GUI issue's that some other member's mentioned previously

Moving the USB Mode selection to the System tab under Administration page is a fantastic idea. Much easier to find and instruct someone to find. Great work Eric!:D:D:D

Under the 5G wifi professional tab the Multi-User MIMO tool tip doesn't work. When you hover over the text, the arrow changes to a question mark, but nothing happens when clicked.

EDIT: Using Chromium on Ubuntu

On my 5300, also had white spaces after the upgrade. All cleared up by flushing the browser cache.
Otherwise, running smooth and cool!

Moving the USB Mode selection to the System tab under Administration page is a fantastic idea. Much easier to find and instruct someone to find. Great work Eric!:D:D:D

Asus did that change, not me.

I have to try and fit in the reset around the kids as they feel like they have lost a limb when the internet goes down :)
I’ll let you know how it all goes.
I would laugh at the kids when they would throw their temper tantrums over lost Internet connectivity. Their world is so dependent on devices that they are lost without them if they are operating at anything other than 100% efficiency. So I completely understand where you are coming from.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!