What's new

[384.8_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I would laugh at the kids when they would throw their temper tantrums over lost Internet connectivity. Their world is so dependent on devices that they are lost without them if they are operating at anything other than 100% efficiency. So I completely understand where you are coming from.
Whoever designed Fortnite needs a good talking to lol
The kids demand a low ping and I’m pleased to say that with this Alpha it has been achieved:)
I’m just hoping that resetting it doesn’t mess up the improved QOS situation.

Whoever designed Fortnite needs a good talking to lol
The kids demand a low ping and I’m pleased to say that with this Alpha it has been achieved:)
I’m just hoping that resetting it doesn’t mess up the improved QOS situation.
I couldn’t resist :D and loaded the alpha again over a clean 384.7. Speeds seem fine so far. I’ll monitor and might reset sometime this weekend.

I couldn’t resist :D and loaded the alpha again over a clean 384.7. Speeds seem fine so far. I’ll monitor and might reset sometime this weekend.
I will be resetting in about an hour when the kids go out :)
I’m glad to hear that yours is running well now! I hope it continues:)

Cool. Let me know how it goes.
Well, I factory reset and it’s sorted the issue with my device needing universal beamforming enabled so now that’s disabled again :)
QOS has kind of gone back to being a little unstable with bufferbloat but with a bit of tweaking I’ve sorted that out.
Everything else appears to be working ok though so I will keep my fingers crossed :D

I noticed that the trend micro signatures were updated recently. Right around the release of these f/w.

Well, I factory reset and it’s sorted the issue with my device needing universal beamforming enabled so now that’s disabled again :)
QOS has kind of gone back to being a little unstable with bufferbloat but with a bit of tweaking I’ve sorted that out.
Everything else appears to be working ok though so I will keep my fingers crossed :D
Good deal, my friend. Glad all is well.

I haven’t reset. Everything is doing fine, so will leave well enough alone for now.

I noticed that the trend micro signatures were updated recently. Right around the release of these f/w.
This could explain the differences some are seeing in QOSo_O

Curious, what is this log entry referring to?
Code:
May  5 01:05:09 avahi-daemon[774]: WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns!

Same here for RT-AC86U avahi-daemon[795]: WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns! Using the .8 alpha build.
Same old...
May 4 22:05:06 kernel: ++++ Powering up USB blocks
May 4 22:05:06 kernel: usb3 reseting..........
May 4 22:05:06 kernel: release usb3 reseting..........
May 4 22:05:06 kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)
May 4 22:05:06 kernel: usb3 reseting..........

I just noticed my Daylight Saving Time was set to end Oct, 2nd Sunday, 2am. I don't ever remember changing it to that value since it should be 1st Sunday in Nov. I'm getting old so maybe I did change it unintentionally but am curious if anyone else has this issue?(DST, not getting old) :rolleyes:

I just noticed my Daylight Saving Time was set to end Oct, 2nd Sunday, 2am. I don't ever remember changing it to that value since it should be 1st Sunday in Nov. I'm getting old so maybe I did change it unintentionally but am curious if anyone else has this issue?(DST, not getting old) :rolleyes:

I just had to reset mine for this issue, unsure if it was a hold over error from when DST was in October. If you Wikipedia it, you will see DST shifts. You have to manually change it. One more maintenance task!

I just had to reset mine for this issue, unsure if it was a hold over error from when DST was in October. If you Wikipedia it, you will see DST shifts. You have to manually change it. One more maintenance task!
I hear you. Ive never in my life seen a device where this was incorrect and had to manually set. But good news is once you do it works haha

Just tested new Alpha 1 build and have some issues. Some of my wifi devices connects but have no internet.

Just updated to alpha-1 and set Universal Beamforming to enable and now all wifi connects again.

Just updated to alpha-1 and set Universal Beamforming to enable and now all wifi connects again.
I had a similar issue but with only a couple of devices. They would connect to the router but a speed test showed little to no throughput until I enabled universal beamforming. All seemed ok for a couple of days and then no throughput again, I did a reboot and all was good for 10 mins and then no throughput.
I factory reset and tested with universal beamforming disabled and everything worked great, I left everything whilst I had a coffee and sandwich and then no throughput to those devices again, I enabled universal beamforming and it worked for 10 mins then no throughput.
I have now rolled back to 384.7 and so far everything is working as it should.

I had a similar issue but with only a couple of devices. They would connect to the router but a speed test showed little to no throughput until I enabled universal beamforming. All seemed ok for a couple of days and then no throughput again, I did a reboot and all was good for 10 mins and then no throughput.
I factory reset and tested with universal beamforming disabled and everything worked great, I left everything whilst I had a coffee and sandwich and then no throughput to those devices again, I enabled universal beamforming and it worked for 10 mins then no throughput.
I have now rolled back to 384.7 and so far everything is working as it should.
Okey I have to try and see if I get same result as you. Probably I have to reset and config from scratch. I have huge much settings to put back in. :( We vill see what happend.

Okey I have to try and see if I get same result as you. Probably I have to reset and config from scratch. I have huge much settings to put back in. :( We vill see what happend.
Good luck.
Let me know how you get on please.

This problem happens since version 384.6, Flash the firmware Asuswrt-Merlin v384.4_2 or v384.5 to fix.

My post about the problem:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-b1-dropping-internet.49237/#post-436361

The Second problem about Disconnect in Network Map:
The problem for me only occurred after updating to 384.8 alpha1.
I have rolled back to 384.7 and the problem appears to have gone, it’s only been 20 hours since roll back though but so far so good.

The problem for me only occurred after updating to 384.8 alpha1.
I have rolled back to 384.7 and the problem appears to have gone, it’s only been 20 hours since roll back though but so far so good.
Glad you’re stable again, @D_Day. Everything still fine here on alpha1. I haven’t reset yet, but thinking about it to start off this testing sequence clean.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!