What's new

386.1 Alpha?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No idea. This is just early beta code from Asus, it was provided so I could at least get started with merging it in (with only four models so far), and reunifying the mainline and AX models into one single code base. Asus will need to release non-beta code for all supported models first before I can get any idea of where I am going.

I used Adamm's amcfwm update to compile 386.1_a2 for the Rt-ac86u. Works pretty well. Router is running this firmware now.

I used Adamm's amcfwm update to compile 386.1_a2 for the Rt-ac86u. Works pretty well. Router is running this firmware now.
Looks like you may have upgraded from 384.19? Noticed any glitches in the upgrade? Any /jffs issues? Did you do a factory reset/manual config after you flashed 386.1 A2? I confirm the amcfwm did compile the 386.1 A2.

Looks like you may have upgraded from 384.19? Noticed any glitches in the upgrade? Any /jffs issues? Did you do a factory reset/manual config after you flashed 386.1 A2? I confirm the amcfwm did compile the 386.1 A2.

Yes, odd, the upgrade went without problems. I switched to pihole also. Works wonderful. No jffs issues now amtm, diversion, and skynet are removed. I have dhcp turned off and have service stop dnsmasq-dhcp and dnsmasq in a post start /jffs/scripts/ file. Not sure it's working correctly?

Can someone share a RT-AC68U (386.1) build. If its aviable. Thanks!

Can someone share a RT-AC68U (386.1) build. If its aviable. Thanks!
I'd have to rebuild my VM I'm not sure if the cfw script works with mint those I'm sure it should, I can give it a test, atm my current Linux vm is manjaro, but I can add a Ubuntu one I guess.

@TheOldMan hows it running on the 86u is it stable with wifi etc?

I'd have to rebuild my VM I'm not sure if the cfw script works with mint those I'm sure it should, I can give it a test, atm my current Linux vm is manjaro, but I can add a Ubuntu one I guess.
I got one from a kind member, have'nt tested it yet.

this is Beta already?...good grief! that's faaaast.
you bleeding edge early adopters: thanks for helping work out the bugs

I got one from a kind member, have'nt tested it yet.
I have tested and it's working fine. Only thing is nvram show strange value, I think it's just display problem.
NVRAM usage 62852 / 65536 bytes, exclamation mark blink.

@TheOldMan hows it running on the 86u is it stable with wifi etc?

Runs pretty stable. No wifi issues noticed in logs. Pi-hole takes care of dns and dhcpd4. Wlceventd lines are very few compared to 384 and beyond. Native ipv6 works great. 386.1_A2 just works.

as rmerlin mentioned, QOS clasification is not working ...
your router is capable of running cake. if your connection is 100Mbps or lower, it works great...and probably fine if you don't need classification happening above those speeds

Runs pretty stable. No wifi issues noticed in logs. Pi-hole takes care of dns and dhcpd4. Wlceventd lines are very few compared to 384 and beyond. Native ipv6 works great. 386.1_A2 just works.
can i pick your brains over getting pihole used for what settings i need on the router as jumping in to that soon with a rpi4??

can i pick your brains over getting pihole used for what settings i need on the router as jumping in to that soon with a rpi4??
Set it's IP as LAN dns, then set DNS filter to router, don't forget to set the domain name which you use for conditional forwarding which shows up on pi as host names rather than IP address.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!