386.1 RT-AX88 TOR Settings BUG

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture

bloodroses

New Around Here
Hi I upgraded the firmware keeping old settings as usual I do. Everything works like a sharm except tor settings. Do you suggest me to reset the router ?
I have too many settings and devices to configure. Honestly I prefer to avoid that operation.
best, daniel

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
'Except for settings.'? What does that mean?

If you are having no issues, no need to reset.

If you are having issues after flashing, then a reset is required (as noted in the changelog by RMerlin).

bloodroses

New Around Here
The setting that allows you to specify which MAC addresses should use Tor in output is not maintained. On reboot the “redirect all user from” option returns to “LAN (br0)”. In this way you are not be able to route selected devices.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Sounds like you need to at least test for a full reset condition and check if the issue is fixed or continues then.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Works for me.

Joshua Haslam

New Around Here
TOR settings are not retained, in particular the MAC addresses of the devices. Each time the router is restarted, they are lost.
I'm having the same problem, and I don't want to do a full reset either. For now, I've worked around the issue by adding the following to /jffs/scripts/services-start:

nvram set "Tor_redir_list=<[mac1]<[mac2]"
service restart_tor

Replace [mac1] and [mac2] (etc.) as appropriate. Hope this helps!

Edit: This requires the services-start user script. For more info and instructions on setting it up, see https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/User-scripts.

Last edited: