What's new

386.1 RT-AX88 TOR Settings BUG

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi I upgraded the firmware keeping old settings as usual I do. Everything works like a sharm except tor settings. Do you suggest me to reset the router ?
I have too many settings and devices to configure. Honestly I prefer to avoid that operation.
best, daniel

'Except for settings.'? What does that mean?

If you are having no issues, no need to reset.

If you are having issues after flashing, then a reset is required (as noted in the changelog by RMerlin).

The setting that allows you to specify which MAC addresses should use Tor in output is not maintained. On reboot the “redirect all user from” option returns to “LAN (br0)”. In this way you are not be able to route selected devices.

Sounds like you need to at least test for a full reset condition and check if the issue is fixed or continues then.

Works for me.

TOR settings are not retained, in particular the MAC addresses of the devices. Each time the router is restarted, they are lost.
I'm having the same problem, and I don't want to do a full reset either. For now, I've worked around the issue by adding the following to /jffs/scripts/services-start:

nvram set "Tor_redir_list=<[mac1]<[mac2]"
service restart_tor

Replace [mac1] and [mac2] (etc.) as appropriate. Hope this helps!

Edit: This requires the services-start user script. For more info and instructions on setting it up, see https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/User-scripts.

Last edited:
here is the the solution for you:

I have exactly the same issue on AC86U running merlin 386.3_2.
Tor settings are not saved and return every time to "redirect all traffic to “LAN (br0)”"

I have exactly the same issue on AC86U running merlin 386.3_2.
Tor settings are not saved and return every time to "redirect all traffic to “LAN (br0)”"
Technical limitation on some models because Broadcom prevents me from defining new variables, so these are rejected by the router. I don't have any good solution at this time.

Technical limitation on some models because Broadcom prevents me from defining new variables, so these are rejected by the router. I don't have any good solution at this time.
Thanks for information, at least the fix the user above mentioned seems to be working, so there's workaround

/jffs/scripts/services-start:
nvram set "Tor_redir_list=<[mac1]<[mac2]"
service restart_tor

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!