What's new

[ 386.7 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you brick your RT-AX86U when upgrading to 386.7 Alpha1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know when there will be a test version on rt-ax86u? or when the newer version comes out

have a good day at is

Smooth update on RT-AX88u from 386.5_2 to 386.7_alpha1-g2ba96ac078
All good :)
Thanks RMerlin ;)

Same here, everything seem to be working for me, I did fully factory reset

AiMesh Router: AX88U 386.7_alpha1-g2ba96ac078 (GPL 386_48966) + 2 x AiMesh Nodes:
  • AX86S 3.0.0.4_386_46061
  • AC86U 3.0.0.4.386_48260
Thanks

Up 15 hours with no issues on 386.7_alpha1 after dirty upgrade from 386.5_2 on an RT-AX3000 (RT-AX58U firmware).

We RT-AX86U owners will have to be extra patient - the last Asus stock firmware released for this model bricked quite a few routers and resulted in the firmware being withdrawn by Asus!
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-0-0-4-386-48377-2022-04-11.78429/post-757333
ok then I will have to wait a while longer for asuswrt merlin, I myself will try to wait but not easy as you like to update the router,

yes choose merlin firmware rather than asus own firmware when if it comes out

thanks anyway

have a nice evening on you

Hey everyone is the SCP issue fixed with regard to the alpha for the AX88U? I see the AC68U hasn't received an updated alpha yet addressing this issue.

Last edited:
@Merlin Asus just released a Beta Based on 48966 does this mean your latest Alpha is also based on Beta code ?

9.0.0.4.386.48966 (2022/05/27)​

Merlin is not the RMerlin. :)

@Merlin Asus just released a Beta Based on 48966 does this mean your latest Alpha is also based on Beta code ?

9.0.0.4.386.48966 (2022/05/27)​

"Beta" simply means Asus hasn't thoroughly tested this particular firmware build on this particular model. It does not denote any different code.

It seems to me that "back in the day" Merlinware was always based on Asus GPL version/s which had already been through the Beta stage and were officially released. This made it real easy to figure out what improvements, bug fixes and/or security enhancements had been included in the stock firmware and carried through into Merlinware.

There seems to have been a policy change around the time that Asus / Trend Micro / Broadcom [???] raised the red flag over serious abuse of their IP by those who were flashing non-Asus routers with modified Asus/RMerlin firmware. RMerlin's Alpha offerings were, at that time, based on Asus GPL versions numbers not seen as released yet for any router models.

Then with Merlinware release version 386.5 [2 March 2022] - the code was based on GPL 386_46065 - which had indeed already been released by Asus for several router models.

Does it matter that we are now seeing GPL numbering way ahead of the release curve ??
NO ... we have FULL confidence in RMerlin's abilities to determine what GPL code he regards as appropriate to work with [especially given the incredible hours it takes him to conform it all for release].

The only thing I personally miss - is the list of stuff fixed in the Asus GPL which is hard to fathom unless you can find a matching stock version number released for one of the supported models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online