What's new

[ 386.7 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you brick your RT-AX86U when upgrading to 386.7 Alpha1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgraded GT-AX6000 and lost my Bowers & Wilkins Formation Flex + Bass speakers which run on 2.4Ghz, they kept rebooting looking for connectivity. Went back to 386.6 and it fixed it immediately. Then tried the .7 alpha again including full reset but didn't get it to work. Back on 386.6 for now.

All good on AX88U, supreme, thx :)

Also smooth upgrade RT-AX88U from 386.5_2 to 386.7_alpha1-g2ba96ac078_cferom_ubi Fixed an issue with 386.5_2 in which the router control panel (192.168.1.1) would not load when running Mullvad openVPN on the router.
I also upgraded an AX56u in Aimesh with the RT-AX88u. This upgrade broke the Aimesh. I reset the AX56u and rebuilt the Aimesh. All OK now.

smooth upgrade RT-AX88U from 386.5_2 to 386.7_alpha

Thank you very much sir, that's all I was looking for!
If you poke around on this forum, you may find a less vague timeline from a very credible source. ;)
still, that source's suggestions may be somewhat inaccuate, so...all you can do is wait patiently and use what is available

Heya, probably unrelated, posting in case anyone else runs into something weird with 2.4 GHz:

[RT-AX58U/RT-AX3000][386.7, 386.5_2] Can't connect to 2.4 GHz, "Incorrect password", devices show up for a moment in wireless log

Heya, just checking if anyone else ran into this, my devices (iPhones, MacBooks, Chromecasts) can't connect to 2.4 GHz (RT-AX58U/RT-AX3000) after updating to 386.7 alpha (could be unrelated), getting "Incorrect password", devices show up for a moment in wireless log.

Tried reverting to 386.5_2, full factory and NVRAM reset. N only, 20 MHz, PMF off, AF off, BF off.

Symptoms looks like failed 2.4 GHz in RT-AC86U, production year 2019, HW 1.0.
No need to double posting. One is enough.

I wonder why the development of the official firmware for RT-AX56U is so lagging behind compared to Merlin's firmware. We already have 386.7 alpha, but the latest official firmware for AX56U was released on November 11th 2021. Is there any information about whether this model was abandoned?

I wonder why the development of the official firmware for RT-AX56U is so lagging behind compared to Merlin's firmware. We already have 386.7 alpha, but the latest official firmware for AX56U was released on November 11th 2021. Is there any information about whether this model was abandoned?
ASUS does publish an router end-of-life list for its products that have been hardcore abandoned.

Good question. I have an RT-AX56U also and it is a solid router. As posted by another, the RT-AX56U is not end of life.

It seems like when Asus comes out with firmware, the RT-AX56U seems to have few if any production issues for Asus. The RT-AX56U actually has good HW specs (CPU, memory, switch), but it is at the low end of the AX lineup. I like the RT-AX56U because nearly no IoT devices (TVs, streaming devices, cameras, speakers, appliances) support 160 MHz channel width and most home Internet is not greater than 1 Gigabit, so a higher end router is right now not providing any benefit for most use cases.

For most of the consumer routers, the limitation is the switch core which is typically 1 Gigabit non-blocking despite cost or marketing claims. Even a lot of the routers with 2.5 Gb or 10 Gb ports have 1 Gigabit switch cores. Until we see what operators are going to do next with technologies like DOCSIS 4.0, which has no commercial cable modems yet, it is sort of a waiting game to see what happens with next gen switch cores. It doesn't matter the speed of the wireless interface if the switch core is still only 1 Gigabit. Broadcom has the BCM5341x switch which is a true 10 Gbs switch core, but the chip alone costs $319 for the BCM53412 so not economic "yet" for a consumer router.

Attachments

• 5340X-PB102.pdf
    195.8 KB · Views: 89
I have observed that the Aimesh topology page shows my secondary wan status as Cold standby in the network tab whereas the main Network map page shows the secondary wan status as Hot standby (this is correct)

Also for the nodes, the backhaul information is not getting populated. All the values are shown as zero always (PHY rate, Data rate, transmit and receive rate). I remember seeing all of them correctly populated in earlier firmwares.

I know this has perhaps nothing to do with Marlin firmware as Aimesh is closed source. But has anyone else observed this ?

With the NEW version of AC68U Alpha I had a couple of DNS problems with Edge but might have been edge, I also see that the Wireless driver has been updated again. Broadcom has been busy.

I updated my routers on Sunday and noticed that the Ring cameras didn't reconnect after the update. Since they are 13ft above ground and on solar power backup I had to wait about 12h before they rebooted themselves to see if they would come back online. And they did just that and everything else is working as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!