What's new

[ 386.7 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you brick your RT-AX86U when upgrading to 386.7 Alpha1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something not look right with the assigned iot in guest2, they all show having the same IP's but DHCP lease and network map clients shows the correct IP assignments and they work as it should. Do you see these too in RT-AX88U?
sameIP.jpg

Dirty Flash - From 386.5_2 To 386.7_alpha1-g8ee6420ea6
On RT-AC86U (Main) & RT-AC68U (AI-Mesh Node)

All good so far

Thanks @RMerlin for all your efforts, Much appreciated

Anyone else have unexplained 5 GHz clients dropping on 48966 GPL? I have 3 different setups that all exhibited the same issues with the 5 GHz channels randomly dropping clients on 5 GHz with 160 Mhz enabled. Even an XT8 that is a node with the stock 48966 firmware has the same issue and even stops responding to pings after being on for a while. I'm having this issue on a GT-AX11000, RT-AX88U and RT-AX58U. After reverting to 386.5_2(46980 on the XT8), all issues disappeared and clients no longer randomly drop

Seems like the the entropy pool is larger with this firmware/updated Haveged, Checked it for a couple of days now ;)
Code:
izzt@RT-AX88U:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail

izzt@RT-AX88U:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail
Was more between 1000-2400 before, I have never been over that when i checked on older firmware or previous Haveged versions.

Last edited:
Anyone else have unexplained 5 GHz clients dropping on 48966 GPL? I have 3 different setups that all exhibited the same issues with the 5 GHz channels randomly dropping clients on 5 GHz with 160 Mhz enabled. Even an XT8 that is a node with the stock 48966 firmware has the same issue and even stops responding to pings after being on for a while. I'm having this issue on a GT-AX11000, RT-AX88U and RT-AX58U. After reverting to 386.5_2(46980 on the XT8), all issues disappeared and clients no longer randomly drop

I did just have this after about 4 days of no issues. 5G channels didn't want to connect at all; a quick restart and it all came up again

I rolled this out to my AX88U APs a few days ago. No issues so far. Steady Freddy. Primary router still on Stable Release.

I wish I would screenshotted the connection times before I downgraded but only a few devices were lasting more than 12-24 hrs

I did just have this after about 4 days of no issues. 5G channels didn't want to connect at all; a quick restart and it all came up again

That's what the issue was on the XT8, after a reboot, it would only last a few hours before clients couldn't connect. The other routers were just dropping a few clients

I wish I would screenshotted the connection times before I downgraded but only a few devices were lasting more than 12-24 hrs

That's what the issue was on the XT8, after a reboot, it would only last a few hours before clients couldn't connect. The other routers were just dropping a few clients

I'll report back if it happens again but so far so good. Hopefully just a little glitch in the matrix ;)

When we going to see a release for the AC3100 ? I am not a patient person. :oops:

@det721
Seriously, Don't Be That Person.
Relax, and have a bowl of ice cream or whatever you please.
If you really can't wait, just buy the AX6000 ;)

PS RMerlin fw working great in our environment!

@det721
Seriously, Don't Be That Person.
Relax, and have a bowl of ice cream or whatever you please.
If you really can't wait, just buy the AX6000 ;)

PS RMerlin fw working great in our environment!

Ok i will just sit here a drink a beer for every minute i have to wait this out. :p:D BTW. What really happened between you and Christie Brinkley ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine you are still waiting for the GPL code.
They are uploading new models every few days, with another batch uploaded earlier today. For SDK 7.x models I'm waiting to get all three models before merging them. I got the RT-AC3100 GPL a few days ago, but I don't have one to test it, so I'm not gonna upload untested images until I can test its sibling (the RT-AC88U).

They are uploading new models every few days, with another batch uploaded earlier today. For SDK 7.x models I'm waiting to get all three models before merging them. I got the RT-AC3100 GPL a few days ago, but I don't have one to test it, so I'm not gonna upload untested images until I can test its sibling (the RT-AC88U).
It completely makes sense. I think a lot of anticipation comes from watching you at work more than anything else. People see firmware movement happening and think the "big release" is around the corner. Anticipation builds... Oh wait, what was that? This is only the alpha phase (this is just to reemphasize patience is a virtue, but should be a requirement in an alpha period). Great work @RMerlin, we appreciate your continuous efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!