What's new

[ 386.7 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you brick your RT-AX86U when upgrading to 386.7 Alpha1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

octopus

Part of the Furniture

Available builds:
RT-AC68U

XT12 (May 25, 2022)
- UPDATED: Merged with 386_48966 GPL.
- UPDATED: haveged to 1.9.18.

RT-AX56U (May 26. 2022)
RT-AX58U (May 26. 2022)

RT-AX88U (May 27, 2022)

RT-AC86U (May 28, 2022) Missed to report it............ sorry
GT-AC2900 (May 28, 2022)
GT-AX6000 (May 28, 2022)
GT-AX11000 (May 28, 2022)
RT-AC68U (May 28, 2022) (NEW)

RT-AX86U (June 05, 2022) Flash with caution make sure to use RT-AX86U not RT-AC86U, some brick is reported!!!
RT-AX68U (June 05, 2022)

RT-AX86U (June 06,2022) This build does not contain the cferom component, which is what was causing the crash on certain routers versions.

RT-AC68U_V4 (June 9, 2022)

RT-AC5300 (June 10, 2022

GT-AXE11000 (June 10, 2022)

Code:
Asuswrt-Merlin 386/NG Changelog
===============================

386.7 (xx-xxx-xxxx)
  - UPDATED: Merged with 386_48823 GPL.
  - UPDATED: openssl to 1.1.1o.
  - CHANGED: dhcpc-event now has a second parameter that will
             contain "4" or "6" depending on the IP protocol of
             the event (dave14305)
  - FIXED: JFFS backup/restore functions not working on XT12
           and GT-AX6000.
  - FIXED: CVE-2022-0934 in dnsmasq (backport)
  - FIXED: CVE-2022-26376 (reported by Cisco Talos, fixed by Asus)

Last edited:
Me:
- Alpha builds - WOOHOO!
- Available builds: RT-AC68U - DOH!

*waits patiently*

I could get any settings to “apply“ in the the LAN portion of the settings. Nothing would work in that section so I had to whimper and revert back. :-(

RT-AC66U_B1 Dirty flash over 386.5_2 with connected USB drive (forgot to unmount) running Entware, Diversion, Unbound, and YazFi. Flashed and booted w/o issue. No apparent log errors.

New selection in WAN-->Internet Connection-->DNS Server. Are the drop down selections just meant to make it easier to select a DNS service provider based on the users desired level of security? Mine is set to Cloudflare. DNS-over-TLS Profile uses Quad 9. So far so good.

Thank you.

After updating to 386.7_alpha1-g82 I get the following error trying to open files with winscp on ac68u; reverting to 386.5_2 fixed the problem.

1652485329200.png

Last edited:
Of course, there's a reason. Can't build on code you don't have yet. ;)

RMerlin has already stated that he can't publicly comment on why Asus is stumbling again providing usable GPL code that he can then knead into his own recipe.

Is there a reason why build development is in short supply? Only one model? :confused:
Some models aren't ready yet for a GPL release, so I asked them to at least provide me for now for the RT-AC68U GPL so I could begin work on merging the open-sourced parts while they work on issues affecting some of the other models.

This is why I don't support 40 different models. The more models I support, the harder it is to get them all aligned. So I limit support to a few select models of my choice.

No, I have no ETA as to when they will have debugged the affected models.

Some models aren't ready yet for a GPL release, so I asked them to at least provide me for now for the RT-AC68U GPL so I could begin work on merging the open-sourced parts while they work on issues affecting some of the other models.

This is why I don't support 40 different models. The more models I support, the harder it is to get them all aligned. So I limit support to a few select models of my choice.

Laser focused work on few things almost always yield high quality results :) Thanks

What are your intentions around scp support?
I already readded it when I merged the GPL (and I also skipped all the others "security hardening changes" that I felt made no sense for this project), however there was a typo in the install recipe that prevented the applet from being symlinked. Already fixed locally, but I haven't tested the fix yet so it's not on Github yet.

@RMerlin, out of curiosity, what were the "seucrity hardening changes" that made no sense to add specifically? And can you share the details of what is new in GPL 386_48823?

I know I'm maybe weird, but reading changelogs is my idea of a good time :)

@RMerlin, out of curiosity, what were the "seucrity hardening changes" that made no sense to add specifically? And can you share the details of what is new in GPL 386_48823?

SInce they are related to security, I cannot discuss them, sorry.

The closest thing you can get:

I see, Asus is not making your life easier, furthermore the sales of their Routers in my opinion are also influenced by the added value you offer for them, so for me it's also in their interest to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!