What's new

[ 386.7 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you brick your RT-AX86U when upgrading to 386.7 Alpha1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
AX86U flash the alpha over Asus 386-46061, reset and configure. Not using any addons All is well!

hello guys, just wanted to check can we still use amtm on XT12?
XT12 has zero USB ports - so can't see how you can run all the amtm addons that require Entware etc ... not even this latest firmware can make up for a lack of hardware connectivity.:(

Do you mean... Virtual drivers On the Router or any virtual drivers even elsewhere On the network???
Virtual interface, not virtual driver.

eth0 is a regular interface.

eth0:0 is a virtual interface.

Virtual interface, not virtual driver.

eth0 is a regular interface.

eth0:0 is a virtual interface.
Thanks for the answer, clarification & education
EDIT: The more I learn... the more I realize I do not know.

Last edited:
So I had to downgrade.. I'm noticing that with the IOS Shortcut for Diversion 1.3 it doesn't work correctly with my RT-AX86U on 386.7 alpha build. If I try to use it and select any of the options such as "Count Ads" they don't appear to run. Only way I fixed this was downgrading back to 386.5_2.

That`s not a Broadcom driver, that`s the Trend Micro dcd daemon tied to AiProtection... And one of the things that may make it crash are virtual network interfaces such as added by tls-pixelserv.
A virtual network interface is also created by the Diversion add-on when you enable option to "Exclude devices from ad-blocking" (option 10 under blocking list options in the main menu) — enabling this option AND Trend Micro AiProtection causes the crashes as well as using both tls-pixelserv with Trend Micro AiProtection.

Last edited:

Poll: Did you brick your RT-AX86U when upgrading to 386.7 Alpha1 ?

Seems like the Polling "firmware" on this forum needs a bug fix ???

Actual maths:
rt-ax86u-poll.JPG

Poll maths:
rt-ax86u-poll2.JPG

RMerlin to the rescue ??? :D

Poll: Did you brick your RT-AX86U when upgrading to 386.7 Alpha1 ?

Seems like the Polling "firmware" on this forum needs a bug fix ???

Actual maths:
View attachment 41707

Poll maths:
View attachment 41708

RMerlin to the rescue ??? :D
The maths is actually OK; I think what needs to be fixed is the ability for pollsters to give more than one answer, answers which are mutually exclusive.

Attachments

• Poll.jpg
    Poll.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 62
(BTW, Asus said they would replace those three affected routers.)

In other news, more GPLs came in to merge in the coming days. Hopefully should have them all before the weekend, although things will be more complicated for one of these.

The maths is actually OK; I think what needs to be fixed is the ability for pollsters to give more than one answer, answers which are mutually exclusive.

The count in Polls such as these should always be on votes cast - not on number of voters who participated.
So the underlying maths is measuring the wrong thing in this poll - firmware upgrade required :) !

The count in Polls such as these should always be on votes cast - not on number of voters who participated.
So the underlying maths is measuring the wrong thing in this poll - firmware upgrade required :)

Did you see my post #186 and subsequent?

Yesterday, I updated my 2x RT-AX86Us to the latest Alpha but had the unmounted JFFS error. With little time these days to play with my own networking equipment, I had to simply flash 386.5_2 again to make the network stable.

One obvious issue was that trying to update the Trend Micro signature version would result in an infinitely spinning cursor. The other was that the wired (via 2.5GbE backhaul) AiMesh node would never accept any client devices.

Just a small data point, hope it helps. Looking forward to Asus fixing this firmware anomaly for the RT-AX86U.

That`s not a Broadcom driver, that`s the Trend Micro dcd daemon tied to AiProtection... And one of the things that may make it crash are virtual network interfaces such as added by tls-pixelserv.

Thank you Merlin,

I'm guessing that my use of use AdGuard DNS might cause this. As it's just a log event and not crashing the router I'm OK with it.

I'm curious how you determined it's AiProtection as the second line reads "kernel: Hardware name: Broadcom-v8A (DT)"

I'm curious how you determined it's AiProtection as the second line reads "kernel: Hardware name: Broadcom-v8A (DT)"
Because it tells you in the first line the name of the process that crashed: "Comm: dcd".

"Broadcom-v8A (DT)" is just the hardware platform of the router and would therefore be the same for every crash on the router regardless of the process that caused it.

So the underlying maths is measuring the wrong thing in this poll - firmware upgrade required :) !
The options should be mutually exclusive, so the total votes cast would equal the number of voters who participated.

The way it's structured now, I can select all three options, which does not make any sense.

EDIT: I mean, one scenario where this is possible is if someone has three RT-AX86's and they each have a different outcome.

Last edited:
Isn't all this POLL chit chat a "MOOT POINT".
I mean the damage was done & those affected are being compensated.
The problematic firmware was pulled & the Fixed Firmware was created, Uploaded, & Verified as functional (several times now).
But maybe we all just need something to complain about LOL.

No, the firmware has not been fixed yet. Other issues are present.

No, the firmware has not been fixed yet. Other issues are present.
Sorry, I just hadn't read of a single BRICKED RT-AX86U after Merlin Uploaded his latest version (but perhaps I missed it).
EDIT: aren't most of us expecting some issues, with this being an "Alpha"?
But BRICKING... not so much

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!