What's new

386 Beta 4 Issue 'bricked firmware' AX88

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

asusrocks

Occasional Visitor
I just installed Beta 4 about an hour ago and noticed some poor routing and issues. I decided to revert back to Beta 3 since that seemed to work fine the last few weeks, but now since installing Beta 4 I can't install anything else as it is not being recognized as an AX88 router. Not sure what to do at this point since I can't change my firmware. Seems that Beta 4 was a mismatch model and now I am not sure what to do. Please help asap! Thanks!

You may need to use the Asus recovery tool.

I literally just downloaded it and installed it just over an hour ago and now I noticed it is no longer posted. How do I access the recovery tool or is there another option? Thanks!

I just did a full Recovery through the Router interface and Firmware is still Beta 4 386. How do I get my AX88 off this Firmware since it isn't recognizing it anymore as an AX88?

After doing a full and complete restore of the router and about 10 attempts it finally accepted the Beta 3 firmware. Thank you! I see the Beta 4 has been removed from Merlin Asus for the AX88

After doing a full and complete restore of the router and about 10 attempts it finally accepted the Beta 3 firmware. Thank you! I see the Beta 4 has been removed from Merlin Asus for the AX88

FYI. Might be smart to download this tool for the future: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/4G-AC53U/Rescue_2102.zip

Rescue tool allowed any of us on B4 to downgrade without having to try "10 attempts".
Put your router in rescue mode following these instructions and you basically can't brick your router. https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000814/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!