What's new

[ 388.4 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my RT-AX88U earlier today. Not much to report, the only thing i noticed was a slow 5G connection. I couldn't get over 800Mb/s. Not sure if the drivers have changed?

Updated my RT-AX88U earlier today. Not much to report, the only thing i noticed was a slow 5G connection. I couldn't get over 800Mb/s. Not sure if the drivers have changed?
Update: Did another reboot of the router which seems to have fixed the speed issues.

Another RT-AX88U early adopter here. WiFi seems to connect faster after a reboot particularly the 5G, or I've got a good imagination.

RT-AX86U main with GT-AX6000 node.

Updated main router to this Alpha yesterday. Rebooted the System after an hour. No issues.

- REMOVED: Ethernet port status from the Tools Sysinfo page
(as this is redundant with Asus' own display
now available on the networkmap page).

Is this the change ? Because from what I remember we had these icons in previous releases.

1689796357015.png

Is this the change ? Because from what I remember we had these icons in previous releases.
No, re-read the changelog entry.

nothing for the XT12?
Patience.

These are Alphas. Merlin may not be getting all the GPL code for each model at one time. The list is longer today than it was 24 hours ago. It will get there. As long as the router is supported

Loading the Alpha's up on my APs. Will give them a spin. Let's GO!

RT-AX86U. Made a dirty update from 388.2_2 four hours ago. No problems are observed.
Fixed the problem of disappearing static entries in arp? I rebooted the router three times and the static entry did not disappear even after one hour. I'll be watching this for a while.

RT-AX86U with FlexQoS. Updated 11 hours ago.
Tested Flex classifications still working.
All working 100% for me

It will contain any fixes included in the closest release before it. In this case, this one:

Unlike Asus, I need the same GPL code for every single model that I support. Therefore they provide me with what's current at the time they prepare the release, typically including a few extra fixes that were only done after their last release. I don`t see what you are complaining about here.

Will you consider the update for 386.xx, please?

Will you consider the update for 386.xx, please?
386 updates will come later, my work is currently focused on 388.

The next 386 release will mark the end of the road for multiple models. Asus just added the RT-AC88U and RT-AC5300 to their EOL list, so 386.12 will most likely be the last GPL merge for most 386 models. Local stores are also getting rid of RT-AC66U_B1 inventories at less than half their regular price, so I suspect the RT-AC68U might be next on the chopping block.

386 updates will come later, my work is currently focused on 388.

The next 386 release will mark the end of the road for multiple models. Asus just added the RT-AC88U and RT-AC5300 to their EOL list, so 386.12 will most likely be the last GPL merge for most 386 models. Local stores are also getting rid of RT-AC66U_B1 inventories at less than half their regular price, so I suspect the RT-AC68U might be next on the chopping block.

Interesting info. Presumably you'll discuss this in a separate thread when you are ready.

Updated my AX86U, no issues in the system log.

No, re-read the changelog entry.

Yes you removed Ethernet port status from the Tools Sysinfo page as something similar is now found on the network map page.
So is there something else in the network map page apart from the screenshot I attached ? Cause in my network map page there is nothing else.

Presumably you'll discuss this in a separate thread when you are ready.
Yes. Things are still in flux, as I only noticed the new EOL additions earlier this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!