What's new

5Ghz Stops Broadcasting on Merlin 380.68_2 and above - AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Under 3.5 hours before 5Ghz disappeared. Re-enabled Universal Beamforming and changed channel bandwidth to 80 MHz. Will report back with results.

If you read my post above, you will know I have exact model as you and I have exact same issue. I applied change on 10/3/2017 and up until right now. I haven't seen the issue come back. Read my post for my steps resolved the issue. It's been 4 days without dropping any 5GHz signal. I can confirm my solution worked! The solution is actually very simple. It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes.
yes, yesterday i disable "Universal Beamforming" and works fine the last 10 hours (night in spain). Im testing, and tell results.
Thanks

Lost 5Ghz sometime overnight. Changed 80MHz back to 20/40/80, and have now changed Control Channel to 157. Will report back with results.

Lost 5Ghz after just over and hour. Changed Control Channel back to Auto and changed 20/40/80 to 40Mhz. Will report back with results.

Interesting observation... I noticed the other day that the the waveform for 5GHz was unusual... it was a jagged repeat of ups and downs. I don't ever recall the waveform looking like that. After changing to 40MHz, the waveform seems to have flattened out, more what I'm used to seeing. It is on a different channel and I'm observing from a different location in the house, but I wouldn't think either of those would have had an impact on the repeating shape of the overall waveform.

In comparison, the 2.4GHz is and always has been a flat waveform.

@ 20/40/80 setting
upload_2017-10-8_12-24-54.png

@ 40MHz setting
upload_2017-10-8_12-25-24.png

After 20 hours. 5ghz wifi is down again.
disable "universal beamforing" not solves the problem
webgrease this is frustrating! :-(

Yes, tried that as stated in my first post:

"I flashed back down to 380.68_0 using my overblown method above, same problem. Flashed back down to 380.67_0, same problem. Flashed back down to 380.66_6, same problem."

You mentioned that 380.66_4 worked, does this version still work?

I would try a new RT-3100 from a store that has a refund policy to make sure that your current unit is good and not faulty.

I noticed the other day that the the waveform for 5GHz was unusual... it was a jagged repeat of ups and downs.
Are you hiding the SSID broadcast? I have a vague recollection of something similar when the SSID was hidden.

Please try v380.66_4. Seems that recent versions may not be working well. So revert to v380.66_4 and test to see if this continues. Webgrease mentioned this was the last known working version for him. Please let us know.

I'm using 380.68_2 on my AC3100 and it has been rock solid. It's the most stable version ever for AC3100 for me.

GcwEfAx.png

hdwQ8vj.png

ir27SIN.png

w9YEjDc.png

Last edited: