What's new

AB-Solution 1.0 release

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hey TLC,

Is there any way to whitelist all the Google search results that pop up the first 3 results which are paid for?
I've tried removing a few Google links from the blacklist and added them to whitelist but its not working, or not going through them all as I think there are quite a few or a few different ones.

Is this information available anywhere that I could just add them all to whitelist?
I have to go now, but I'll look into the specific domain to whitelist later.

I installed the script at weekend but blocking didn't work.
Today I found the reason for this. The mount point changed. It was sdcx during install and after the reboot it changed to sda.
I reinstalled the blocker and it works now.
(By the way. Thanks for the full feature script. Even reinstall is provided)

The real reason to use this isn't the ad blocking because I'm using adblocker in all my browsers. Even on smartphone.
I want to block some tracking/cloud service "features" of Windows 10.
For this a question. Are IP addresses supported, too?

Last edited:
I installed the script at weekend but blocking didn't work.
Today I found the reason for this. The mount point changed. It was sdcx during install and after the reboot it changed to sda.
I reinstalled the blocker and it works now.
(By the way. Thanks for the full feature script. Even reinstall is provided)
I have seen that mount point change on one of my routers with 2 sticks plugged in, none of them with an assigned name. After a reboot the mount points switched.
That does not happen if you assign a name to the device.
Maybe something to consider for one of the next releases. Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one with that problem.
The real reason to use this isn't the ad blocking because I'm using adblocker in all my browsers. Even on smartphone.
I want to block some tracking/cloud service "features" of Windows 10.
For this a question. Are IP addresses supported, too?
With the features you mean the "Windows 10 phoning home" stuff?
There's a tutorial by @ryzhov_al, but I am not sure it works well with AB-Solution.

@RoutNew36 I'll probably add Disable Windows 10 tracking as an option in a future version.

I didn't checked this post yet. Just one list I found on the internet:
Code:
a-0001.a-msedge.net
choice.microsoft.com
choice.microsoft.com.nstac.net
corpext.msitadfs.glbdns2.microsoft.com
corp.sts.microsoft.com
compatexchange.cloudapp.net
cs1.wpc.v0cdn.net
diagnostics.support.microsoft.com
df.telemetry.microsoft.com
feedback.windows.com
feedback.search.microsoft.com
fe2.update.microsoft.com.akadns.net
i1.services.social.microsoft.com
i1.services.social.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
oca.telemetry.microsoft.com
oca.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
pre.footprintpredict.com
redir.metaservices.microsoft.com
reports.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com
services.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com
settings-sandbox.data.microsoft.com
sls.update.microsoft.com.akadns.net
sqm.df.telemetry.microsoft.com
sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com
sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
ssw.live.com
statsfe1.ws.microsoft.com
statsfe2.update.microsoft.com.akadns.net
survey.watson.microsoft.com
telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com
telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
telemetry.appex.bing.net
telemetry.microsoft.com
telemetry.urs.microsoft.com
vortex-sandbox.data.microsoft.com
vortex-win.data.microsoft.com
vortex-sandbox.data.microsoft.com
vortex.data.microsoft.com
watson.live.com
watson.microsoft.com
watson.ppe.telemetry.microsoft.com
watson.telemetry.microsoft.com
watson.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net

There's a tutorial by @ryzhov_al, but I am not sure it works well with AB-Solution.

Why this shouldn't work ?
For my understanding it's an IP blocker but with IP Address support, too.
Regardless the raw IP address it's just an additional list. Isn't it ?

Support in one of the next releases would be great. In the meantime I'll add these entries to blacklist.txt

By the way. Thanks for the link. I merged both list's together.

Last edited:
Why this shouldn't work ?
For my understanding it's an IP blocker but with IP Address support, too.
Regardless the raw IP address it's just an additional list. Isn't it ?

Support in one of the next releases would be great. In the meantime I'll add these entries to blacklist.txt
Don't add IP's into the blacklist, that won't work in dnsmasq.
The list is a compilation of the domains that MS tries to contact when it cannot reach it. @ryzhov_al 's ipset script adds the dynamic component into it by actively tracking and blocking attempts to reach those servers.
A very efficient and successful method and easy to add since asuswrt-merlin 378.55 or later versions.

The reason why I'm saying it might not work is the entry in dnsmasq.conf.add that is detected by my install script. I'll try to add the option for the AB-Solution v1.1 release to make sure nothing interferes.

Last edited:
it would be great if you can add to disable tracking on all windows platform...
AFAIK this includes all versions, not just Win10.

Is there any way to whitelist all the Google search results that pop up the first 3 results which are paid for?
Can you give me a specific search term and from which country you do the search (I think you're in the UK)?

I have seen that mount point change on one of my routers with 2 sticks plugged in, none of them with an assigned name. After a reboot the mount points switched.
That does not happen if you assign a name to the device.
Maybe something to consider for one of the next releases. Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one with that problem.
I've seen the same thing, too, and I solved it the same way by assigning a name to the flash drive. It also causes issues for network shared storage when the device same changes.

I've seen the same thing, too, and I solved it the same way by assigning a name to the flash drive.
I think I'm going to add this as a requirement, just to make sure it works after a reboot. Or maybe there's a built in device rename function in Asuswrt-Merlin, I haven't checked.

By the way because I saw the limitation on the Win10 link.
Is there any firmware version required?
Im using a pretty old one xyz.53
It seems to work. Just want to be sure there is no drawback.

By the way because I saw the limitation on the Win10 link.
Is there any firmware version required?
Im using a pretty old one xyz.53
It seems to work. Just want to be sure there is no drawback.
For simplicity it will only be possible to install this on merlin 378.55 upwards. Previous versions need entware installed.
Entware is not necessary yet for AB-Solution to work. But later versions will have a GUI that requires packages from entware. So maybe that will work then and could be part for older versions than 378.55.

Can you give me a specific search term and from which country you do the search (I think you're in the UK)?
Thanks bud, yes in the UK.

I think if you search just about anything it pops up with the first 3 or so links being paid for links.
"buy nvidia 980" should work I think.

If I stumble across an exact search I'll link you.

installed and running successfully on R7000 running xwrt
Mind taking a screenshot of the app Menu and post it? I am wondering what it shows you on the third line (router model, firmware version etc.)
Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!