What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what amtm can do for you. With one click it installs the disk-checker for you. No need to manually copy/paste scripts.
To help other newbies to figure this out, I will now tell how I (newbie) just installed the amtm and activated the disk checker:

1. Open your SSH terminal (PuTTY or whatever you use) and log into your router.

2. Copy this code
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl -Os https://raw.githubusercontent.com/decoderman/amtm/master/amtm && sh amtm
and paste (with PuTTY right-click with your mouse) to your terminal. Press Enter.

3. amtm starts and you can see the Menu. But the disk check option is now "red". If you want the script to automatically run while booting you must activate it.

4. After rebooting your router you can open your SSH Terminal again, log in to router and open amtm by typing amtm. You can now check the disk check log (type dcl).

I am working on an updated installer script for Entware and pixelserv-tls

The Entware download URLs and location changed and installing ps through AB-Solution (and amtm for that matter) will not work until this is fixed.
Due to this, a complete reinstall of AB-Solution is necessary for those that have encountered this dreaded package pixelserv-tls is not available error.
See my post below, there may not be a complete reinstall necessary.

This is unfortunate but the Entware changes happened outside of my control and came abrupt and with no warning whatsoever to prepare for it.
So, @HuskyHerder and @IsaacFL you might want to tend to your other hobbies instead until I have sorted this mess out.

Last edited:
Due to this, a complete reinstall of AB-Solution is necessary for those that have encountered this dreaded package pixelserv-tls is not available error.
Looks like the coding I did a long time ago is capable to recover from an installation with the error package pixelserv-tls is not available.
I just did a successful installation on ARMv7 here. Let's cross fingers that works on all the other router models I have on hand here.

Compatibility changes due to the recent Entware versions merge

This update of the addon pixelserv-tls.add changes the download urls for Entware packages and will fix recent failed ps installations due to the Entware repository changes.

Use cu to update to this latest version.

Users that encountered the package pixelserv-tls is not available error need to run cu first to update AB-Solution and then run ps again. During the install process the Entware installation will automatically be updated.
There is no need to reinstall AB-Solution as stated in earlier posts by me.

This is a bit off-topic, but could you please tell me your opinion and help me a bit.

I enabled the Disk check script from amtm 1.1. After rebooting my router I checked the contents of Disk check log and found these messages:

Code:
/jffs/amtm-disk-check.log has this content:

Wed Mar  7 12:52:29 UTC 2018 Starting 'ntfsck -a /dev/sdc1'
 ntfsck 3014.5.21
 NTFS signature is missing.
 Couldn't open volume '/dev/sdc1'!
 Checking NTFS Superblock ...
 Correcting errors...
 Failed to startup volume: Invalid argument
 Trying the alternate boot sector
 Unrecoverable error
 Volume is corrupt. You should run chkdsk.
 ERROR(22): Opening '/dev/sdc1' as NTFS failed: Invalid argument
 The device '/dev/sdc1' doesn't have a valid NTFS.
 Maybe you selected the wrong partition? Or the whole disk instead of a
 partition (e.g. /dev/hda, not /dev/hda1)? This error might also occur
 if the disk was incorrectly repartitioned.

My /dev/sdc1 (called "DT_1") is a 8GB usb stick, formatted ext2. So what is this NTFS signature thing anyway? I am a bit confused.

Code:
blah...blah..@ASUS:/tmp/home/root# df -T
Filesystem           Type       1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdc1            ext2         7454192   4900236   2175292  69% /tmp/mnt/DT_1

I connected the usb stick to my Ubuntu computer and run
Code:
sudo fsck /dev/sdc1

No errors were found.

Also did run
Code:
sudo badblocks -sv /dev/sdc1

And no bad blocks at all. The usb stick works OK. There's no problem with its contents.

Health scanner of the Merlin GUI tells me:
Code:
Disk scan process complete. Please check the detailed results below.
Scan Results

DT_1: clean, 48/474208 files, 1254831/1893320 blocks

Do you think that I can ignore the errors found in amtm-disk-check.log?

Wed Mar 7 12:52:29 UTC 2018 Starting 'ntfsck -a /dev/sdc1'
It wants to run the check for an ntfs partition because fdisk identified it as such.
Whats your output of:
Code:
fdisk -l

It wants to run the check for an ntfs partition because fdisk identified it as such.
Whats your output of:
Code:
fdisk -l

Got this info regarding sdc(1):
Code:
Disk /dev/sdc: 7756 MB, 7756087296 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 942 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/sdc1               1         943     7573280   7 HPFS/NTFS
Partition 1 has different physical/logical endings:
     phys=(941, 254, 63) logical=(942, 244, 6)

Got this info regarding sdc(1):
Just as I thought, fdisk sees it a ntfs.
I'll do some checks and tests later. For now it would seem a good idea to remove the disk-check until I find a better working solution to this.

Just as I thought, fdisk sees it a ntfs.
I'll do some checks and tests later. For now it would seem a good idea to remove the disk-check until I find a better working solution to this.
Thanks for your reply! I disabled the disk-check.

But anyway, I am totally a windows guy and don't actually know anything about linux/unix stuff. So maybe I have just formatted this usb stick in a wrong way?

I relooked at the properties of this "DT_1" of mine, and my Ubuntu showed this:

DT_1 info.png

Is this Partition Type HPFS/NTFS completely OK? Maybe I should I reformat the stick, just to be on the safe side?

edit: Just noticed there is lots of related discussion in this thread:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-snbforum-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu-v1-1.42415/page-10

And this is not a big problem for me. I'll follow these threads and let's see what is happening.

Last edited:
Compatibility changes due to the recent Entware versions merge

This update of the addon pixelserv-tls.add changes the download urls for Entware packages and will fix recent failed ps installations due to the Entware repository changes.

Use cu to update to this latest version.

Users that encountered the package pixelserv-tls is not available error need to run cu first to update AB-Solution and then run ps again. During the install process the Entware installation will automatically be updated.
There is no need to reinstall AB-Solution as stated in earlier posts by me.
I am experiencing an issue where the entware .gz download (from the "opkg update") just hangs. Any thoughts?

I am experiencing an issue where the entware .gz download (from the "opkg update") just hangs. Any thoughts?
Works fine for armv7 and aarch64 here.
Quit and try again.
You might want to issue the command directly in the terminal:
Code:
opkg update; opkg upgrade
Run that twice.

Works fine for armv7 and aarch64 here.
Quit and try again.
You might want to issue the command directly in the terminal:
Code:
opkg update; opkg upgrade
Run that twice.
Already tried that -- same results. This is armv7 (RT-AC68U). Not sure what the issue might be...

Command being shown when it hangs is:

Not currently at location where router is located.
Yes sorry, my fault. It would first get it from the old location and then with the second run of opkg update from the new repo.
Ask in the dedicated thread, maybe you can change the source URL in /opt/etc/opkg.conf manually, but better ask the maintainers there.

Today I installed on a friend's router amtm/ab-solution/entware & pixelserv-tls and didn't find any issue during setup of all

Sent from my SM-G935FD using Tapatalk

After some tweaking with updating I think my entware is now up to date? How about pixelserv-tls? Do you think it is OK as well?

AB-Solution -> PS -> 5 (Manage Entware packages) -> 2. (show installed packages) gives me this:

Code:
Installed Entware packages:

entware-opt - 227000-1
 entware-release - 1.0-2
 entware-upgrade - 1.0-1
 findutils - 4.6.0-1
 grep - 2.26-1
 ldconfig - 2.23-8
 libc - 2.23-8
 libgcc - 7.3.0-8
 libopenssl - 1.0.2n-1b
 libpcre - 8.41-2
 libpthread - 2.23-8
 librt - 2.23-8
 libssp - 7.3.0-8
 libstdcpp - 7.3.0-8
 locales - 2.23-8
 opkg - 2011-04-08-9c97d5ec-17b
 pixelserv-tls - V35.HZ12.Kk-1
 terminfo - 6.1-1
 zlib - 1.2.11-2
 zoneinfo-asia - 2018c-1
 zoneinfo-europe - 2018c-1

AB-Solution -> PS -> 5 (Manage Entware packages) -> 1. show pixelserv info gives:

Code:
 pixelserv-tls info:

Package: pixelserv-tls
 Version: 2.0.1-1
 Depends: libc, libssp, librt, libpthread, libopenssl, libpthread
 Section: net
 Architecture: armv7-2.6
 MD5Sum: 63b361a57a2d5f94e89d5a7c3d9ab1e5
 Size: 19204
 Filename: pixelserv-tls_2.0.1-1_armv7-2.6.ipk
 Description: pixelserv-tls is a tiny bespoke webserver for adblock with HTTP/1.1 and HTTPS support

Package: pixelserv-tls
 Version: V35.HZ12.Kk-1
 Depends: libc, libssp, librt, libpthread, libopenssl, libpthread
 Architecture: armv7soft
 Installed-Time: 1513298919

After some tweaking with updating I think my entware is now up to date? How about pixelserv-tls? Do you think it is OK as well?
That appears to be an up-to-date installation, including pixelserv-tls (stable).

@thelonelycoder As always, Excellent job supporting ABS and providing quick turn around on the recent entware changes. Grateful for all you do.

@thelonelycoder

I’m still chasing a gremlin, at this point I’ve pulled my USB. No more Gremlins, at least none with water on them. Everything has been running fine ever since I removed it. (Router wise). Guess I’ll be popping in somewhere to grab a pack, so I can get everything back up and running.
It’s evidently more than a format as I’ve tried that twice and swapped the USB for another. (Same brand etc, purchased together)
Guess I’m choosing another mfg.

Many thanks for all you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.