What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One technical question though - since you're tricking the client to connect to pixelserv-tls by doing DNS spoofing, how can pixelserv generate valid certificates (on the fly) for the domain it's spoofing? I haven't installed a fake "trusted" CA in my clients
That's the job of pixelserv-tls. Believe me, it works but I would not know the inner workings of that binary. These details is for @kvic to answer.

I could bind openvpn to my public ip (sadly I can't bind it to ppp0), but I also need to have pixelserver-tls bound only to floating-ip:443. Can this be done from ab-solution?
If you want an openvpn server to listen on port 443, and have pixelserv on that port too, then in the custom configuration box for the server insert "local [your public ip or ddns name]". That will cause openvpn to only listen on the WAN side and remove the conflict.

If you want an openvpn server to listen on port 443, and have pixelserv on that port too, then in the custom configuration box for the server insert "local [your public ip or ddns name]". That will cause openvpn to only listen on the WAN side and remove the conflict.
Thank you for the suggestion. If it works with ddns name it would be perfect :)

@thelonelycoder
Today AB-Solution notified me that a new pixelserv (3.11.2) was available, to update it.
I did it and after that, I did a blockfile update and got this error:

Server Name: rt-ac88u.homegroup
IP Address: 192.168.1.1
Date/Time: Mar 5 00:23:07

EXT2-fs (sda): error: ext2_free_blocks: Freeing blocks not in datazone - block = 2154679948, count = 1

EXT2-fs (sda): error: remounting filesystem read-only

So I was unable to update several of the host files. How do I solve it?

PS: It was working just perfect before updating and I don't use anything else apart from ab-solution on the usb drive

Sent from my SM-G935FD using Tapatalk

@thelonelycoder
Today AB-Solution notified me that a new pixelserv (3.11.2) was available, to update it.
I did it and after that, I did a blockfile update and got this error:

EXT2-fs (sda): error: ext2_free_blocks: Freeing blocks not in datazone - block = 2154679948, count = 1

EXT2-fs (sda): error: remounting filesystem read-only

So I was unable to update several of the host files. How do I solve it?

PS: It was working just perfect before updating and I don't use anything else apart from ab-solution on the usb drive

My next post below might help.

I'm reading a lot about file error problems on attached devices, maybe this will help:

amtm version 1.1 is now available

What's new in amtm v1.1
- Disk check script (at boot) added. This is a slightly modified version of this script by @latenitetech.
- Disk check log viewer
- POSIX compliance changes

Users that have the original disk check script installed from the GitHub repository must remove the file /jffs/scripts/pre-mount first before installing it through amtm. It works exactly the same, I have only modified it to be compatible with amtm.
amtm includes a disk check log viewer that is shown after the scripts first run (option dcl).

Last edited:
I'm reading a lot about file error problems on attached devices, maybe this will help:

What's new in v1.1
- Disk check script (at boot) added. This is a slightly modified version of this script by @latenitetech.
- Disk check log viewer

Users that have the original disk check script installed from the GitHub repository must remove the file /jffs/scripts/pre-mount first before installing it through amtm. It works exactly the same, I have only modified it to be compatible with amtm.
amtm includes a disk check log viewer that is shown after the scripts first run (option dcl).
After installing the beta pixelserv-tls the red mark on the option to install stays red not green.

After installing the beta pixelserv-tls the red mark on the option to install stays red not green.
That is intended, amtm does not check if you run a beta/test version of pixelserv-tls.

What's new in amtm v1.1
- Disk check log viewer

If I understood amtm is the terminal we use to setup ab-solution, right?
If that's correct, typing "dcl" should do a disk checkup and fix?

If I understood amtm is the terminal we use to setup ab-solution, right?
If that's correct, typing "dcl" should do a disk checkup and fix?

No, amtm is a terminal shortcut manager, a helper and a tool. AB-Solution is perfectly capable of installing itself.
amtm just provides a convenient shortcut to install, open and manage a bunch of popular scritps on your router without having to copy/paste or remember its start commands.

The amtm dc and dcl menu entries are to install the disk-check and, once it has run at least once view the generated log file.
disk-check can only run on unmounted devices. This is typically during boot. So it will only run when booting or rebooting if installed.

No, amtm is a terminal shortcut manager, a helper and a tool. AB-Solution is perfectly capable of installing itself.
amtm just provides a convenient shortcut to install, open and manage a bunch of popular scritps on your router without having to copy/paste or remember its start commands.

The amtm dc and dcl menu entries are to install the disk-check and, once it has run at least once view the generated log file.
disk-check can only run on unmounted devices. This is typically during boot. So it will only run when booting or rebooting if installed.
So it's not installed and I should follow this guide to install it first in order to make it work, right? (Sorry for bothering with this)

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/USB-Disk-Check-at-Boot

Did it! Thanks!

@thelonelycoder

* AB installed successfully. (err re installed see below)

I am presented with this,

- package pixelserv-tls is not available

---------------------------------------------------

Based on the check above, pixelserv-tls

is not available for install with AB-Solution

Thoughts ?

* The last install that worked was on Saturday when I nuked and pave for Merlin 384.4 b1. * I removed AB earlier today. (Hunting a phantom problem) This was an attempt at reinstall.

I have tried forcing a re download of script's etc, same error, and a reboot or 3.

Last edited:
@thelonelycoder

Thoughts ?

* The last install that worked was on Saturday when I nuked and pave for Merlin 384.4 b1. * I removed AB earlier today. (Hunting a phantom problem) This was an attempt at reinstall.

I have tried forcing a re download of script's etc, same error, and a reboot or 3.

That's the first time I've seen that error.
I suspect it is due to Entware changes made very recently and pixelserv-tls is for some reason not yet available.
Try again in a few hours, maybe they fix it.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/entware-ng-entware-3x-merge.45098/

@thelonelycoder

Thoughts ?

I just got the same message when trying to add pixelserv

I tried to force a (PS) install through amtm rather than directly through AB, and amtm reports PS as installed when trying to install it (still shows red however). I think something is broken on my end.

Might be time, to go grab the stool and pull/swap the USB for further scrutiny.

Edit : Welp looks like I’ll hang out there a bit more @IsaacFL is reporting the same.

I tried to force a (PS) install through amtm rather than directly through AB, and amtm reports PS as installed when trying to install it (still shows red however). I think something is broken on my end.

Might be time, to go grab the stool and pull/swap the USB for further scrutiny.

Edit : Welp looks like I’ll hang out there a bit more @IsaacFL is reporting the same.
It is not you or anyone here, something it broken with the merge of Entware-3 and Entware-ng.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...ing-solution-v3-11.37511/page-132#post-386734
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/entware-ng-entware-3x-merge.45098/#post-386736

Status
Not open for further replies.