What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@thelonelycoder, Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar für AB-Solution 3.6.5!

I am back home after a long tropical white sand beach vacation.

I updated three RT-AC88U routers yesterday. On one of them, I received an error message. I forgot to write it down. I think it mentioned a volatile file system. It issued a command to reboot the router. After the reboot, I issued the ab-solution.sh command at the home directory and got a file permission error. I checked the +x permission on the home directory and it was okay. But the +x permission on the linked /tmp/mnt/absolution/ab-solution.sh was not set. I did a chmod 755 on the /tmp/mnt/absolution/ab-solution.sh and it fixed the problem. Thought you would like to know.

grateful for all that you do! PayPal donation coming your way!

@thelonelycoder, Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar für AB-Solution 3.6.5!

I am back home after a long tropical white sand beach vacation.

I updated three RT-AC88U routers yesterday. On one of them, I received an error message. I forgot to write it down. I think it mentioned a volatile file system. It issued a command to reboot the router. After the reboot, I issued the ab-solution.sh command at the home directory and got a file permission error. I checked the +x permission on the home directory and it was okay. But the +x permission on the linked /tmp/mnt/absolution/ab-solution.sh was not set. I did a chmod 755 on the /tmp/mnt/absolution/ab-solution.sh and it fixed the problem. Thought you would like to know.

grateful for all that you do! PayPal donation coming your way!
Thanks for your reply, ich freue mich über jede Rückmeldung, gut oder schlecht!
(I'm thankful for every reply, good or bad!)
I believe you ran the curl command instead of the (cu) option on that router. It copied the file right over to the device because of the link in the $HOME dir, then it started up, found something in your WebGUI setting amiss, corrected it and asked for a reboot.
At the stage the reboot was performed, the new ab-solution.sh did not have the proper rights set, this comes later in the setup.
If you had run again the curl command after reboot, this would not have happened.

If that was so, then I'll dig into the code to make sure it never happens again.
Else, I don't know. You could fly me out to your place, I'll get things right, in person...

Hello friends

My flash drive died, and I got a new one.

I need to install AB as new, but was wondering if there something that I should do to clean left overs of the old installation?

Hello friends

My flash drive died, and I got a new one.

I need to install AB as new, but was wondering if there something that I should do to clean left overs of the old installation?
If you are going to label it as the old drive and never did any manual changes in the /jffs/ files, then you can simply reinstall it.
Else, remove all files pertaining to AB in /jffs/scripts/, only the first two are from AB if you did not install (ps) option. With (ps) all these are from AB:
Code:
dnsmasq.postconf
post-mount
services-start
services-stop
wan-start

And @abescalamis if you want to delete the files in /jffs/, the best way is to set 'format jffs at next boot' in Administration/System, Save it, then reboot.
Then do a fresh AB install.

I need help configuring pixelserv-tls, please! Every blocked domain redirects to the router main login page instead of loading pixelserv. My dhcp ip pool is setting from 192.168.3.100-200, pixelserv-tls is set to 192.168.3.99. From the browser, 192.168.3.99/servstats returns 404 and 192.168.3.99/ loads the router login page. I have tried option 6 of the ps submenu to reset pixelserv settings, also change PS IP to a new one but same problem.

I need help configuring pixelserv-tls, please! Every blocked domain redirects to the router main login page instead of loading pixelserv. My dhcp ip pool is setting from 192.168.3.100-200, pixelserv-tls is set to 192.168.3.99. From the browser, 192.168.3.99/servstats returns 404 and 192.168.3.99/ loads the router login page. I have tried option 6 of the ps submenu to reset pixelserv settings, also change PS IP to a new one but same problem.
Check your system log for pixelserv startup errors.
Run 22 to see if any errors are detected, run rc to see if anything interferes.
Check if /jffs/scripts/wan-start mentions twice the PS IP 192.168.3.99

@theloneycoder

I have a feature request which might be a cool way to improve your project. Could you possibly make a web facing stats server similar to pixelserv stat page? Just set up a IP to use as the site. I like to be able to view the stats without having to ssh into it. Next stage of it would be to make it a web gui rather then a command line gui.

Keep up the good work, love the experimental features too.

Check your system log for pixelserv startup errors.
Run 22 to see if any errors are detected, run rc to see if anything interferes.
Check if /jffs/scripts/wan-start mentions twice the PS IP 192.168.3.99
This is the error from system log
pixelserv[8173]: Abort: Address already in use - :192.168.3.99:80
Seems like whatever IP I assigned to pixelserv, It'll just load the router login page

I added the -p 88 switch and error was gone. I can see status page loaded from 192.168.3.99:88/servstats now but blocked sites still loads the router login page which used port 80.

Mar 4 15:03:33 pixelserv[8713]: pixelserv-tls version: v35.HZ12.Ki compiled: Dec 26 2016 18:42:33 options: 192.168.3.99 -p 88
Mar 4 15:03:33 pixelserv[8713]: Listening on :192.168.3.99:88
Mar 4 15:03:33 admin: Started pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution) from .

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, ich freue mich über jede Rückmeldung, gut oder schlecht!
(I'm thankful for every reply, good or bad!)
I believe you ran the curl command instead of the (cu) option on that router..
I did the update from the menu option (cu) and not from curl.

Yes, we need to find a reason for you to come here and escape the winter chill. I am sure @Wutikorn and others would join us in a snbforums.com gathering here in the Land of Smiles.:):)

I did the update from the menu option (cu) and not from curl.

Yes, we need to find a reason for you to come here and escape the winter chill. I am sure @Wutikorn and others would join us in a snbforums.com gathering here in the Land of Smiles.:):)
Permission denied error confirmed, for both ways.
When:
- running curl command to update existing installation
- running (cu) to update existing installation
AND the basic check during update found a reason to reboot, the permissions are not yet set for ab-solution.sh
Issuing this command after reboot will fix it, if you are in /home/root/:
Code:
chmod 755 ./ab-solution.sh
If outside of /home/root/:
Code:
chmod 755 /mnt/<your device>/ab-solution.sh
Or, instead of setting permissions and using ./ab-solution.sh in /home/root/ use:
Code:
sh ab-solution.sh
Permissions will be set during update.

This is the error from system log
pixelserv[8173]: Abort: Address already in use - :192.168.3.99:80
Seems like whatever IP I assigned to pixelserv, It'll just load the router login page

I added the -p 88 switch and error was gone. I can see status page loaded from 192.168.3.99:88/servstats now but blocked sites still loads the router login page which used port 80.

Mar 4 15:03:33 pixelserv[8713]: pixelserv-tls version: v35.HZ12.Ki compiled: Dec 26 2016 18:42:33 options: 192.168.3.99 -p 88
Mar 4 15:03:33 pixelserv[8713]: Listening on :192.168.3.99:88
Mar 4 15:03:33 admin: Started pixelserv-tls (AB-Solution) from .
That's only half of the story, what about port 443, did you run (rc), post output.
pixelserv-tls runs on port 80 and 443 in a standard install.
Something is running on the port 80 on that IP, find out what it is.
This is checked during install of (ps) and you must have confirmed the warning.

I believe it is best you start from scratch, there may be settings in your /jffs/ that interfere with PS.
Delete Entware and AB-Solution on your device(s), then in the router WebUI, set 'format jffs at next boot' in Administration/System, Save it, then reboot.

I"m getting an installation error. When I type the '22' command I see

checking dnsmasq.conf
file found
/etc/dnsmasq.conf is missing content
/etc/dnsmasq.conf is missing content

any suggestions on fixing?

Thanks!

That's only half of the story, what about port 443, did you run (rc), post output.
pixelserv-tls runs on port 80 and 443 in a standard install.
Something is running on the port 80 on that IP, find out what it is.
This is checked during install of (ps) and you must have confirmed the warning.

I believe it is best you start from scratch, there may be settings in your /jffs/ that interfere with PS.
Delete Entware and AB-Solution on your device(s), then in the router WebUI, set 'format jffs at next boot' in Administration/System, Save it, then reboot.
I deleted jffs/scripts, Entware and AB-Solution folder on the usb drive, reboot, reinstall AB-Solution, Entware and ps (on IP 192.168.3.250). Run (rc). Everything looked good, all green. Same problem. Here is the (rc) output

Router check RT-AC68U @ 192.168.3.1
-------------------------------------------------

checking internet access with Level 3 DNS
(209.244.0.3)
Level 3 responded, Internet access OK

checking Administration/Operation Mode:
Router is in Wireless Router mode

checking /jffs, Administration/System/
Persistent JFFS2 partition:
- Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs:
Custom scripts are enabled
- Format JFFS partition at next boot:
No /jffs/ formatting is scheduled
- read/write capability to /jffs:
Device /jffs/scripts test passed

checking AiProtection/Network Protection:
Network Protection is disabled
(even when enabled, this has no impact on
AB-Solution functionality)

checking AiProtection/Parental Controls:
Parental Controls is disabled
(even when enabled, this has no impact on
AB-Solution functionality)

checking AiProtection/DNS Filtering:
DNS-based Filtering is disabled

checking LAN/DHCP Server,
Enable the DHCP Server:
DHCP Server enabled

DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2:
Both LAN-DNS Server fields are empty

Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS:
Forward to upstream DNS disabled

checking AiCloud/Settings,
AiCloud Web access port:
(only relevant when pixelserv-tls is installed)
AiCloud not in use or port not set to 443

checking USB Application/Download Master,
(only relevant when Entware and
pixelserv-tls is installed)
Download Master is not installed

checking read/write capability to
/tmp/mnt/usb2:
Device /tmp/mnt/usb2 test passed

checking for other scripts,
they may add additional log file entries:
no redirects found

I"m getting an installation error. When I type the '22' command I see
any suggestions on fixing?
Thanks!
Add a blank line to your /jffs/dnsmasq.conf.add if you have it.

It would be fun to do the SNB gathering, I wonder how many users here live in Thailand. But currently, I stay in Bangkok. Winter here is quite good for me, not too cold, not too hot, around 20C at night, while some might say it is too hot.

It would be fun to do the SNB gathering, I wonder how many users here live in Thailand. But currently, I stay in Bangkok. Winter here is quite good for me, not too cold, not too hot, around 20C at night, while some might say it is too hot.
I've lived in the two Big Cities in Australia, Sydney was at times upwards of +40° C then. But almost no humidity. I liked the weather there.
Houston in the US on the other hand is humid beyond what I deem acceptable. It was bearable then but never again would I want to go through a summer there again.
I can't say I know the Asian climate, but I have been to all the major Airports in the region, on my many flights to Australia.
Instant sweating is what I remember vividly.

Just hit a small problem. This morning I stopped AB just to make sure it wasn't causing an issue I have with a streaming client (a Roku 3).
It didn't make any difference so I then powered down modem, router and client and rebooted them in order, which send to have cleared my streaming client problem. The problem is I can't now restart AB. When I SSH in and run ./ab-solution.sh it reports "not found" or when I run sh ab-solution.sh it reports "can't open".
If I ls .../mnt/entware I can see the file ab-solution.sh but even if I CD into that folder I still can't run it.
Oddly, if I FTP into the same folder I can't see the file.
Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just hit a small problem. This morning I stopped AB just to make sure it wasn't causing an issue I have with a streaming client (a Roku 3).
It didn't make any difference so I then powered down modem, router and client and rebooted them in order, which send to have cleared my streaming client problem. The problem is I can't now restart AB. When I SSH in and run ./ab-solution.sh it reports "not found" or when I run sh ab-solution.sh it reports "can't open".
If I ls .../mnt/entware I can see the file ab-solution.sh but even if I CD into that folder I still can't run it.
Oddly, if I FTP into the same folder I can't see the file.
Any ideas what I've done wrong?
How did you 'stop' AB?
Turning off logging and ad-blocking?
If so, look at the file /jffs/scripts/post-mount
It will have these entries, more if PS is installed:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# DO NOT EDIT this part of the file #
# generated by AB-Solution 3.7
if [ -d "/tmp/mnt/<your device>" ];then
    service restart_dnsmasq
    logger "AB-Solution added entries via $0"
    cp -f /jffs/.ash_history /root/.ash_history
    ln -s /tmp/mnt/<your device>/ab-solution.sh /root/ab-solution.sh
fi
# end of DO NOT EDIT #
If they are complete as above and you can run this to get into the AB UI
Code:
sh /tmp/mnt/<your device>/ab-solution.sh
then you may have a problem with the mounting of your device. Check the syslog for errors.

How did you 'stop' AB?
Turning off logging and ad-blocking?
If so, look at the file /jffs/scripts/post-mount
It will have these entries, more if PS is installed:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# DO NOT EDIT this part of the file #
# generated by AB-Solution 3.7
if [ -d "/tmp/mnt/<your device>" ];then
    service restart_dnsmasq
    logger "AB-Solution added entries via $0"
    cp -f /jffs/.ash_history /root/.ash_history
    ln -s /tmp/mnt/<your device>/ab-solution.sh /root/ab-solution.sh
fi
# end of DO NOT EDIT #
If they are complete as above and you can run this to get into the AB UI
Code:
sh /tmp/mnt/<your device>/ab-solution.sh
then you may have a problem with the mounting of your device. Check the syslog for errors.
Thanks lonelycoder, The post-mount file is exactly as above but when I try to run the command you describe I get the error "sh: can't open..."
Just to clarify, for <your device> I am entering RT-AC68U-OCF8, is this correct?
Is there a clean way to uninstall/delete and re-install?

Status
Not open for further replies.