What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Problem

First - I realized I don't have a USB device on my AC3100 so that's a no go. I'm going to remedy that shortly with a small USB thumb drive. Would 1GB be reasonable?

I received two installation errors:

1. no dos2unix
2. upgrade router firmware to latest version

My router is running Merlin 384.4_2 so I'm not sure about this error.

Is no dos2unix related to not having a USB device?

/ _ \| _ \___\__ \/ _ \ | || | _| / _ \ ' \

/_/ \_\___/ |___/\___/_|\_,_|\__|_\___/_||_|

-e

Welcome

This is AB-Solution 3.11.2

-e

looking for an installation

nvram: Error getting variable - 'get': (iokit/common) data was not found

readlink: illegal option -- f

usage: readlink [-n] [file ...]

-e

no dos2unix found on router,

AB-Solution requires dos2unix

-e

upgrade router firmware () to newer version first.

-e

exiting now...

Now I am truly stuck. I bought a 128G USB flash drive and I can't figure out how to format it as ext4. I have a Mac which does not have mkfs in the Terminal and I have a Win 10 laptop.

Now I am truly stuck. I bought a 128G USB flash drive and I can't figure out how to format it as ext4. I have a Mac which does not have mkfs in the Terminal and I have a Win 10 laptop.
Have you tried formatting it in the router. Try ssh into the router and mkfs ext4 /dev/sda1 for example.

You could also try booting using a Linux live CD.

Have you tried formatting it in the router. Try ssh into the router and mkfs ext4 /dev/sda1 for example.

I would have thought since the router uses the ext4 format it would allow for command line formatting too. My syntax could have been off, but it didn't take mkfs.

I would have thought since the router uses the ext4 format it would allow for command line formatting too. My syntax could have been off, but it didn't take mkfs.
Ok I have it now substitue in the values but the syntax should be right.
mke2fs -t ext4 /dev/sda1

Since you have a Win 10 laptop, you can install Ease US Partition or Mini Tool Partition. These are free software tools to format USB drives in linux format. I recommend EXT2 for the USB drive. 128GB flash drive is overkill in my opinion. For a long time, I only had a 2GB drive. I created 4 partitions, one for entware, absolution, AC88U, and skynet. Hard to find a 2GB drive these days. I use 8GB USB now. I think using the software tools I mention are the easiest way to format. Here are two other sources if you want to learn the command line method:

http://www.algissalys.com/how-to/format-and-partition-usb-asuswrt-routers
http://www.lostsaloon.com/technology/how-to-mount-or-load-an-usb-flash-drive-in-linux/

Last edited:
Last edited:
Tried searching but to no avail, does anyone know which domains to whitelist in order to enable Windows 10 updates? Just noticed that since I installed ABS my automatic updates have ceased to start..

Tried searching but to no avail, does anyone know which domains to whitelist in order to enable Windows 10 updates? Just noticed that since I installed ABS my automatic updates have ceased to start..

Are you sure this is not just a coincidence?

Which blocking list are you using? I use the Medium one and have no problem with Windows updates.

Last edited:
My pixelserv-tls version is showing as 2.0.1-1 in the info section of pixelserv when drilling down through the ab-solution menus.

I can’t get pixelserv to update or upgrade to version 2.1.0: each time I try forcing the update I see the message that no pixelserv update is available.

Any ideas why pixelserv won’t update? Thanks.

My pixelserv-tls version is showing as 2.0.1-1 in the info section of pixelserv when drilling down through the ab-solution menus.

I can’t get pixelserv to update or upgrade to version 2.1.0: each time I try forcing the update I see the message that no pixelserv update is available.

Any ideas why pixelserv won’t update? Thanks.

That's a bug I believe in ABS, you'll see the actual installed version by checking the top of Pixelserv-tls servstats page.
https://your-pixelserv-ip/servstats

Thanks Asas Ali. I’d forgotten about servstats. However, when I query it, I see:

pixelserv-tls: v2.0.1-rc4 compiled: Dec 12 2017 23:05:03 ...

So it looks as if AB-Solution is correctly reporting the version number for me.

In that case run this one liner code to fetch and install the latest version.

Code:
 sh -c "$(wget -qO - https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/install-beta.sh)"

In that case run this one liner code to fetch and install the latest version.

Code:
 sh -c "$(wget -qO - https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/install-beta.sh)"
Many thanks. When I copied and pasted the code I got an error message to check the internet connection so I went into AMTM and, following the theme of your advice, opened AB-Solution and selected Option 4, the indtallation of the latest pixelserve beta. I then got confirmation that latest pixelserv-tls beta installed and restarted. Despite this, servstats still shows version 2.0.1-rc4 installed. Nevertheless, everything is working and I’ll accept the confirmation message and assume that the misreporting bug you mentioned is to blame.

Thanks for your kind help and guidance.

Many thanks. When I copied and pasted the code I got an error message to check the internet connection so I went into AMTM and, following the theme of your advice, opened AB-Solution and selected Option 4, the indtallation of the latest pixelserve beta. I then got confirmation that latest pixelserv-tls beta installed and restarted. Despite this, servstats still shows version 2.0.1-rc4 installed. Nevertheless, everything is working and I’ll accept the confirmation message and assume that the misreporting bug you mentioned is to blame.

Thanks for your kind help and guidance.

Servstats page should show 2.1.1 and if it's not then the latest version is still not installed.

When you use option 4 in amtm did you select your correct router architecture depending on the model?

Status
Not open for further replies.