What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TLC: I just had a look at my DHCP range, which forever has started at .5, to leave room for an access point at .2 and pixelserv at .3. I was surprised that it had been reset to start at .2. I can't figure why.

But I thought as part of the rc process there was a check that the pixelserv address was outside the DHCP range. No?

TLC: I just had a look at my DHCP range, which forever has started at .5, to leave room for an access point at .2 and pixelserv at .3. I was surprised that it had been reset to start at .2. I can't figure why.

But I thought as part of the rc process there was a check that the pixelserv address was outside the DHCP range. No?
No, rc never checked the range. And I don't meddle in that area during ps install. Or any other operation.
Fishing camp hacker?

You do have a pretty straightforward stop during ps install with instructions to change the DHCP range before entering the ps address. Possibly something for a future version, a check that the ps address is below the lower bound or above the upper bound, and in the same subnet.

What is the easiest way to switch USB flash drives? I am running Ab-Solution and Pixelserv and had some issues with the USB drive. I would like to just format a different flashdrive and swap it out so no worries. Do I have to uninstall everything then reinstall?

What is the easiest way to switch USB flash drives? I am running Ab-Solution and Pixelserv and had some issues with the USB drive. I would like to just format a different flashdrive and swap it out so no worries. Do I have to uninstall everything then reinstall?
If it is still working, email a backup of the key files to yourself. Format a new drive, label it, reinstall ab-s and pixelserv, then copy over the backup files following the instructions in the backup email. You could do it without the email, but the email pulls the right stuff and then tells you where to put it back.:)
I'm sure TLC will respond with a better way.

Everything was working fine so I did back it up. I was just worried that the Flashdrive might fail again. I ended up just reinstalling Ab-Solution after putting a new USB stick in.

I did not uninstall first, I just unmounted the old drive and sat it aside in case it caused an issue.

You do have a pretty straightforward stop during ps install with instructions to change the DHCP range before entering the ps address. Possibly something for a future version, a check that the ps address is below the lower bound or above the upper bound, and in the same subnet.
During ps install at that "pretty stop" it presents the possible ps IP address range in the way of:
Code:
It must be:\n higher than    $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)\n and lower than $(nvram get dhcp_start)\n$upperEnd
When IP's are reseved only on the lower range, and additionally
Code:
OR higher than $(nvram get dhcp_end)\n and lower than $(nvram get lan_ipaddr | sed 's/\.[0-9]*$/./')255
when reserved IP's are reserved in the upper range.
Once the ps IP is set with above guideline, I presume the user to not change that.
But I could add it to the rc test in future.

Everything was working fine so I did back it up. I was just worried that the Flashdrive might fail again. I ended up just reinstalling Ab-Solution after putting a new USB stick in.

I did not uninstall first, I just unmounted the old drive and sat it aside in case it caused an issue.
The simplest way to move an existing AB installation to a new drive is to label the new drive the same as the old one, copy over the contents to the new partition(s) and plug in the new drive.
AB will continue to run as if nothing ever happened.

Just installed! Wow very nice.

Thanks
I concur! As you start to use it, keep a close eye on the stats report and look at the sites it is blocking. Depending on the hosts file you use, you may find some legit sites are being blocked and you will need to whitelist them as a result. icloud.com for example.

I'm a bit stuck at finding where can be my problem so i post here as i know there is expert on dnsmasq/hosts and so..

Yesterday i put pixel.facebook.com in whitelist through ABS as the follow the log file pointed to my pixelserv IP. It explicitly said that it's in blocking file.

Today it's not working either so in Skynet i tried to whitelist it but :
Skynet: [INFO] Adding pixel.facebook.com To Whitelist...
Whitelisting 0.0.0.0
ipset v6.32: Element cannot be added to the set: it's already added
Saving Changes

Jul 29 10:49:54 dnsmasq[31769]: query[AAAA] pixel.facebook.com from 127.0.0.1
Jul 29 10:49:54 dnsmasq[31769]: forwarded pixel.facebook.com to 127.0.0.1
Jul 29 10:49:54 dnsmasq[31769]: forwarded pixel.facebook.com to 127.0.0.1
Jul 29 10:49:54 dnsmasq[31769]: query[A] pixel.facebook.com from 127.0.0.1
Jul 29 10:49:54 dnsmasq[31769]: cached pixel.facebook.com is 0.0.0.0
Jul 29 10:49:54 dnsmasq[31769]: query[PTR] 0.0.0.0.in-addr.arpa from 127.0.0.1
Jul 29 10:49:54 dnsmasq[31769]: config 0.0.0.0 is NXDOMAIN

I open blocking_file and blacklist.txt to find the pixel.facebook.com line but nothing..

I don't understand as Skynet and ABS are my only scripts and i don't block with anything else.. Any clue where can i investigate ? Thanks.

I open blocking_file and blacklist.txt to find the pixel.facebook.com line but nothing..
Since pixel.facebook.com is in the whitelist, it is removed from the blocking file and if it would have been in the blacklist AB would have warned you of the fact.
What I have no idea of is where these two lines come from:
Code:
Jul 29 10:49:54 dnsmasq[31769]: cached pixel.facebook.com is 0.0.0.0
Jul 29 10:49:54 dnsmasq[31769]: query[PTR] 0.0.0.0.in-addr.arpa from 127.0.0.1
Certainly not from AB, unless you have ps switched off.
Post content of dnsmasq.conf.

And @steelskinz, these lines are from Skynet, not AB:
query[A] pixel.facebook.com from 127.0.0.1

Last edited:
Yes it is generated by skynet before whitelisting. I follow that in ABS using f function.

I can't post it as snbforums blocked me from.

http://dl.free.fr/mzPhNUJTq

server=/... is to bypass country limitation

server=127.0.0.1#65054
server=127.0.0.1#65053

is dnscrypt

Did you add 0.0.0.0 to Skynet whitelist or pixel.facebook.com?
Whitelisting 0.0.0.0
ipset v6.32: Element cannot be added to the set: it's already added
If you added pixel.facebook.com then ps was likely inactive and the domain was resolved to the standard blocking IP 0.0.0.0.
I am not sure though.
I would remove both entries in Skynet and try to add them again.

I don't add IPs nor 0.0.0.0 i only add domains to skynet.

edit : i removed from skynet, reboot and traceroute, same problem.

I never disable PS

Last edited:
I don't add IPs nor 0.0.0.0 i only add domains to skynet.

edit : i removed from skynet, reboot and traceroute, same problem.

I never disable PS
Seems somehow your dnscrypt returns that, don't ask me how:
query[A] pixel.facebook.com from 127.0.0.1

And then turns it into NXDOMAN with the IP 0.0.0.0

Working.. Was on cryptostorm.is servers. I changed to dnscrypt.eu servers and traceroute is OK. Didn't think they could block some url...

Thanks ! :)

It seems ab-solution is blocking something when using the amazon app on my phone! When opening the app, the homepage shows an error message and also when navigating throughout other pages as well. As soon as I disable the ad-blocking, the app starts working properly again so is definitely something regarding ads I assume.
I have tried to whitelist amazon, however I got around 60 amazon domains...
Does anybody know what can be done or which domain(s) needs to be whitelisted?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Did you ever get this sorted out? I think I found that it's not AB-Solution that is causing the issue but rather pixelserv. I whitelisted many different amazon options and it would still cause problems. I then disabled pixelserv and it seems to have fixed it. Give it a try and see if it helps.

Did you ever get this sorted out? I think I found that it's not AB-Solution that is causing the issue but rather pixelserv. I whitelisted many different amazon options and it would still cause problems. I then disabled pixelserv and it seems to have fixed it. Give it a try and see if it helps.

On "Large" blocking file.

For Amazon Europe and US, you need to whitelist the following:

aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com
aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon.com
mads.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-eu.amazon.com
fls-eu.amazon.de
s.amazon-adsystem.com

To add to the Whitelist use the following options: "el" > "1"

If the above is not enough in other countries/languages, then follow the log by using option "f" > "2" and see if any "amazon.com" or "amazon-adsystem.com" domains have to be added to the whitelist

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.