What's new

AC 3100 NEW FW issues?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pinkfloyd1173

Cant seem to install on my AC3100 router????
20161221_233418.jpg

What version are you trying to install? I installed .4180 easily on my AC88U.

The FW that just got released today I believe. I tried 3 times and it would not take it, gave me the same response like the pic that i added.

It's .4180, did you try and download it and upload it manually or just use the firmware check button?

It's .4180, did you try and download it and upload it manually or just use the firmware check button?

I tried it both ways and same response.

Ok I got this on my 68P and after about 6 tries it took. Keep trying if it doesn't work after a few tries it could be a bad file upload.

Reboot your router, ensuring there's no USB disk plugged in, and try again. You might be low on free memory.

I get the same error. Rebooting doesn't help. Resetting to factory defaults doesn't help. I flashed from 62_1 back to ASUS 3941 then tried 4180 and it still doesn't work. All same error. Tried chrome and safari. Tried downloading different OS versions. All nada!

edit: Just noticed MD5: bd6dd345f5e6ec95b5950c8b5f16ee06 listed is the same on RT-AC88U and RT-AC3100 versions which is probably not correct.

Last edited:
Actually I had already used the "contact us" page on their web site. We'll see what they say but it seems like they posted the 88u firmware on the 3100 page. Is it quicker using the email address provided above?

Actually I had already used the "contact us" page on their web site. We'll see what they say but it seems like they posted the 88u firmware on the 3100 page. Is it quicker using the email address provided above?

The 88U and the AC3100 are the same router except the extra lan ports on the 88U.

Yes however the firmware is not the same. Pretty sure it's specific based on the router. The version they uploaded for the ac3100 is failing on the version check. It would be interesting if someone tried to update a ac88u with the version found for the ac3100.

Just an update . . . I contacted ASUS support and they said they would look into it. They have now updated the description and removed the MD5 number and changed the update date to today and the size of the zip however the actual zip file is still the same. I am hoping t just takes a while to propagate to their servers. I have tried over the past 2 hours.

Just an update . . . I contacted ASUS support and they said they would look into it. They have now updated the description and removed the MD5 number and changed the update date to today and the size of the zip however the actual zip file is still the same. I am hoping t just takes a while to propagate to their servers. I have tried over the past 2 hours.
kibosh- any updates from Asus support? I am getting the same error when trying to upgrade to Version 3.0.0.4.380.4180 manually on my RT-AC3100. I have also tried all of Merlin's suggestions above.

Attachments

• Asus firmware upgrade error.JPG
    Asus firmware upgrade error.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 290
No I haven't heard anything yet. It seems they realized they uploaded the ac88u firmware for the ac3100 and changed the description but forgot to upload the correct zip!! Too much Christmas cheer I guess ;)

I was able to update mine with no issues. I did it manually and also the ac3100 promted me to update also.

You were unable to before. Is this since they "updated" the zip? I keep downloading the exact same file . . . and it fails every time to update. I check the md5 on it and it still matches the AC88U version.

It looks like they finally changed the zip file. I just downloaded it for about the 20th time today and it is different with a different md5. I will try upgrading the router tomorrow . . . gotta party tonight! Happy New Year everyone!

Edit: Confirmed the new version ASUS uploaded works. I was able to flash it with no issues.

Last edited:
I was able to install 4180. Unfortunately, when I do it kills my ability to use brother MFC devices to scan wirelessly. I have also read some complaints from HP MFC owners. I have confirmed this bug with multiple uninstall and reinstalls of this firmware (no wireless scanning), the old firmware (wireless scanning works).