What's new

AC3200 3.0.0.4.382.18338 - 382 and KRACK fix!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hey merlin, do you have any inside info on why 18338 was pulled? other models still have their 382 build up, was it something to do with the new CFE?

I don't know.

After wi-fi failed again today, I tried reverting to 380, it seemed to work at first but had corrupt graphics in the router ui, so I restored default config values, which ofcourse with the new CFE running along with 380 borked the router. I had to re install 382 from rescue mode (although connecting from the LAN port didn't work, I had to connect my PC to WAN port for it to work...). Now that 382 is back and running I'm now running it with the reboot scheduler turned on for daily reboots.

Not happy.

After wi-fi failed again today, I tried reverting to 380, it seemed to work at first but had corrupt graphics in the router ui, so I restored default config values, which ofcourse with the new CFE running along with 380 borked the router. I had to re install 382 from rescue mode (although connecting from the LAN port didn't work, I had to connect my PC to WAN port for it to work...). Now that 382 is back and running I'm now running it with the reboot scheduler turned on for daily reboots.

Not happy.
You need to clear cache for the configuration page. Shift+F5 should do it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not happy.

I’m in a similar boat.
I’ve borked the rt-ac3200 by trying to install 380 after having previously updated to 382.

I’m using recovery tool to upload 382 firmware but even that doesn’t work. After it uploads the firmware successfully... the router keeps rebooting into the recovery UI....
I did try the Merlin firmware which had worked earlier... but upon making some setting changes the reboot caused it to go into recovery mode.

It seems like no current 380 or 382 official firmware works.
Anyone got any ideas?

I spent many hours last night trying to get my router to work(and many more over the last week) it was royally borked with the 382 update and wifi was completely useless and constantly cutting out and no amount of older firmware attempts were working to get it stable, it bootlooped after restart and constantly disconnecting clients.

but after so many tries I finally got it work work although with ddwrt not asuswrt/merlin the 2nd 5G band doesnt seem to work/been seen for some reason so I turned it off for now

Got dd-wrt to work on it from https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewt...start=75&sid=4e2a0bfed57d2e6df83511e3cf238566 about 2/3rds down a link by Malachi for the ac3200 and then firmware for netgear R8000 been stable so far will test it some more and possible try merlin again once I know ddwrt is working fine for sure.

edit: even after setting up wifi security I had to reboot to get clients to connect to the wifi

Last edited:
Hey Rev,

Thanks for your update.
Using the steps as per the link you provided i was able to bring my router back to life, albeit on the ddwrt code.
That gives me hope that the router is not bad.... just that the Asus images aren't great.

I guess i'll have to wait until ASUS re-release their 382 version code to try reinstalling it... or indeed trying Merlin when its on 382 code.
The purpose of me needing to install alternate router code is to be able to bridge this router via second 5ghz channel back to main asus router... and still have the 2.4 and 5ghz channels available for additional wireless connections.

Glad to see its repeatable and it worked for you cvee, does the 2nd 5g band work for you by any chance?

I’ve yet to delve in deep.
My preference is to run Tomato, so this was just proof my router is not faulty at hardware level. I’m going to await a new Merlin or tomatoe release and retry.

Yea good call, curiosity got the better of me and I tried the latest stable merlin and it didn't work so had to redo it again lol

The latest Merlin is based on 380. I’m guessing it won’t work until it’s released on 382 code. Don’t understand what changes the official 382 release did to now make the router unable to use any other release except for this ddwrt.

Yea I know, I was hoping since ddwrt worked it might've overwritten whatever the 382 version changed/broke and it might let me roll back to the 380 no such luck, fingers crossed merlin gets updated soon

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!