What's new

AC66R Downloading Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

firstoneman

New Around Here
Greetings.
**Sorry this was in the wrong area on the forums (wireless buying) earlier today.

Completely new to the forums here and also to the technical interior of things router-ish. Sure wish I'd connected to you folks before I jumped through all the hoops I did to get this router here to Mozambique. But it is what it is. Here's the issue:

Installed the AC66R following the instructions - a basic setup as far as I can tell. It did tell me a firmware update was available - I obeyed. (The firmware version is 3.0.0.4.374.) So everything seemed to be going along happily...even seemed snappier than the 6 year old Apple Express (and we do use MacBook Pros - two 2010s [OSX 10.7.5+] and one mid-2013 [OSX 10.9.2]). We live in a concrete walled house - all walls. Well, I tried adding an app or two to my iPhone and voila - no joy:(. The downloads get 2/3 of the way through and they hang interminably. I went to my Mac to download thru iTunes and same issue with new downloads and some updates I'd put off. Only one small (2.5Mb) update went thru. My wife is a grad student and attempted some project uploads - no joy - tension :mad:. She attempted some downloads...no joy...more tension :mad::mad:. So I think oh, maybe it's the router. Change back to my 6 year old router and voila...downloads go smoothly. So I revert back to Asus once more...no joy. Back to Apple Express and joy!

RMerlin: I saw in a post somewhere that you said that Apple products have problems with the Asus routers. I don't recall which post, I read many threads. Are you able to address the download problem with your FW? And, does the problem with Apple gear persist with your FW too?

Can anyone tell me what the problem is? I read something about a download manager problem...but those were older threads (2012/2103).

It's reviewed in many places as a great router which is why I chose it. But after reading the forum I don't know if I regret it yet...I hope that I can find help

Thanks much...Dave

Last edited:
I have had issues with my AC58U (you can check my thread), base on my net search - countless hours reading forums all round... have you tried doing a factory reset after the firmware update ? I have read this had addressed similar situations to what you are experiencing.

I have had issues with my AC58U (you can check my thread), base on my net search - countless hours reading forums all round... have you tried doing a factory reset after the firmware update ? I have read this had addressed similar situations to what you are experiencing.

I'll read your thread and get back to you. Thanks for your help.
Cheers!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!