What's new

RT-AC68U freezing when downloading via 5G

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gblcardoso

New Around Here
Hey, folks.
I've been trying to debug this for some time now reading through the forum but I couldn't solve it by any means. Maybe I'm just dumb but well, here's the deal; my ISP sometimes give me more bandwidth than it should, although my contract is for 700mbits, there's times in the day that it can go as high as 1gbps. When I'm receiving that much bandwidth, if I try to download anything via 5g wireless and it gets full speed, both cpus goes to 100% and my router crashes.
This does not happen via cable or 2g.
I ssh'ed into the router to see which processes were consuming that much cpu and the culprits were: kworker and ksoftirqd.
Screenshot 2023-09-12 140427.png

(this isn't a good screenshot as it was already frozen, but some seconds before the three of those process was 30%+ each)
The cpu temp shown on the web GUI (Using latest version of merlin's firmware) tells me that the CPU never went higher than 75C.
I already tried enabling and disabling CTF, still same issue (and same culprits in top).

I really don't know what to do anymore, would appreciate any help or guidance.

Thank you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!