What's new

AC66U crashes and reboots itself when Android phone connects to its Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wow,
i recently got the same problem with my ac66u rebooting when connecting with my android phone.
after flashing asus latest original firmware and clearing nvram two times the problem persists.
as mentioned before it is an ipv6 problem with android phones.
instead of flashing an very outdated firmware like tomato (2017 latest built) i decided to disable ipv6 on my android phones.
i used the app method because because i reboot my phone regularly and sont want to enable the scripts all the time
here is what i did with afwall+. but i dont know if root is needed.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/help/wifi-disconnect-fix-disconnect-ipv6-t3558895
so thanks asus for not addressing this issue, i´m getting a new router from avm.
as far as i know it was not present in earlier asus frimware version...
maybe someone could disable ipv6 on the routers side, this maybe fix this issue,, too
best regards

Workaround
So simple disable ipv6 didn't work
I set it to pass-through and disabled the dns on the ipv6 tab. Hopefully that helps anyone still facing that annoying reboots
Screenshot_Remote_Desktop_20191212-115323.png

Last edited:
I forgot to note here - the workaround is to disable NAT acceleration ("LAN" --> "Switch Control" tab)
Had 27 days of uptime on Merlin 380.70. Even no need to use other firmwares

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!