What's new

AC68U QOS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

madmac

Occasional Visitor
In fact, i called up the ASUS support technician, who told me that AC68U QOS "does not prioritize"...is that true?

hello all, i tried to set QOS for better online movie streaming through a TV box wired to AC68U router but found down/upload speed decreased 40%..can anyone advise how I could better set QOS?

Last edited:
what is impeding your movie streaming traffic?

hi sinshiva

well, sometimes the streaming stutters quite a lot..i know it could be the problem from the movie source..but i want to see what i can do at my end..i am having 300 Mps from my ISP..and only 2 PCs and cell phones using the bandwidth at home..

If you are streaming from Netflix via the Netflix Smart Hub app on Samsung TV, there seem to be lots of reports of audio stuttering (video is fine). I experience it all the time. My solution for Netflix was to use Netflix app on my Sony BD.

Thanks for your replies! My TV box used to buffer a lot when I watched online movies but situation seems to have improved in the last two days maybe due to 1) i installed merlin's firmware 2) my daughter is not playing online games.

When i go to speediest.net, I always get 280-290 Mbps for upload and download bandwidth. Maybe i should not mess with QOS unless buffering returns.

What puzzles me is 1) the technician from ASUS told me QOS did not really prioritize 2) when I turn on QOS, the up/download speed always decreases by 40%. Does QOS in AC68U really work?

QOS "does not prioritize"???

So it is broke then? That make sense, isn't that whole purpose of QoS????

So if Qos does not prioritize what does it do?

Anyway, when you enable QoS, it should allow you to enter your true Upload and down load speeds.

I have the AC-66, so it may be a different for QoS settings.

Does you ISP use power/speed boost?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!