What's new

AC87U Version 3.0.0.4.380.4180

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mceres

New Around Here
Saw this new firmware under Windows 7 64 bit OS.

Description ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.4180
Security related
- Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.2j to fix security issues.
- Updated Dropbear SSH to 2016.74 to fixe security issues.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding XSS.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding CSRF.
- Added protection for Brute-force attack.

Bug fixed
- Fixed Chrome, Edge and IE compatibility issues.
- Fixed quick internet setting wizard compatibility issues.
- Fixed NAT issue caused by UPnP media server.
- Fixed dual wan issues in PPPoE or PPTP or L2TP + DHCP environment.
- Fixed AiCloud related issues.

Modified
- Updated NAT Acceleration setting help message.
- Supported Google DDNS .
- Modified the Quick Internet Setting wizard behavior to enhance compatibility.
- Enabled smart sync under AP/Media Bridge.
- Supported new 3G/LTE USB dongle, Docomo L-03D.

MD5: 186c962692cd3c4e832cb980abf6d47b
File Size 42.39 MBytes
2016/12/20 update

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wi...04180.ZIP?_ga=1.60777317.952849877.1482255039

is ther a new quantenna driver?

Who is the 382 Merge

is ther a new quantenna driver?

Who is the 382 Merge
20161221122240148229416099294.jpg

382 won't be out for quite some time.

I kept checking and saw: that the site is busy with updating the firmware version for all environments. (I'm waiting for the iMac version.)

Last edited:
I kept checking and saw: that the site is busy with updating the firmware version for all environments. (I'm waiting for the iMac version.)

Any of the versions should work. The firmware file is the same for any OS.

It is now available on the rest of the OS

Code:
VANT@RT-AC87U:/tmp/home/root# wl ver
6.37 RC14.126
wl0: Dec  1 2016 02:12:10 version 6.37.14.126 (r561982)
VANT@RT-AC87U:/tmp/home/root# qcsapi_sockrpc get_firmware_version wifi0
VANT@RT-AC87U:/tmp/home/root#

VANT @ RT-AC87U: / tmp / home / root # qcsapi_sockrpc get_firmware_version wifi0 37.4.0.56

Now new Quantenna driver.

Now after updating to the current (newest) firmware, i get this error message when logged in to the web gui:

"wan ip is not the external ip" (a yellow explanation mark blinking on the right upper corner).

Meaning what? I do know what it says but is that a bug? I didnt change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Another issue... my iphone doesnt connect automatically to the wifi anymore... i have to manually connect it on everytime (give the ssid/pw).

And ac87u is crashing atleast twice a day after the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the update a few days ago. Before the update i did a reset to the factory default settings and after the update I first did the same again. After that I reloaded my settings. Everything seems to work well.

So how is this new firmware I thought Asus would cut they're losses with the 87u and walk away from it. Is there a new Quantenna driver? Any performance improvements?

No new Quantenna firmware, the only change specific to the RT-AC87U seem to be a fix related to WPS not getting properly disabled on the 5 GHz band.

One interesting question would be whether Quantenna themselves are still updating the firmware for their chip.

One interesting question would be whether Quantenna themselves are still updating the firmware for their chip.

For the verticals (e.g. Carrier Provided gear) - maybe - but I'm thinking perhaps they walked away from the experiment of consumer off-the-shelf once they delivered MU (for at least some of the vendors there)...

Oddly enough - my DirecTV wireless video bridge has Quantenna, and it's incredibly stable - but this is a walled garden, as it only has to deal with the Wireless Genie Clients in that environment...

I was thinking specifically of the QSR1000 - I have no reason to doubt they still support their other products.

wow

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!