What's new

Ac87u vlan with Merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

405N

New Around Here
Hey Everyone,
Im fairly new to vlans and need help setting one up. I have the asus ac87u and ideally id like to add ports 3 and 4 to a different vlan so they will be in a separate subnet. The reason is i have 4 security ip poe cameras and I have a managed switch just for them. I also have a qnap that will be talking directly to them.

From what I've learned from searching around is (currently) there isnt way to setup vlans via the merlin gui and must be done via the cmdline. If so, can someone walk me step by step on how to setup a vlan that is only active on port 3 and 4 of the router?

Lastly, once I change the vlan id on port 3 and 4 on my router to "vlan10", I'm assuming I'll have to goto my poe managed switch and (somehow) change the vlan ID on the switch too? This is what im not sure about regarding vlans. In my managed switch, my vlan options are 802.1 and vlan port assignment. Not sure how i should proceed.

Thanks in advance for helping a newb in networking.