What's new

VLAN tab missing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Diveblaster

Regular Contributor
Hi
I just bought a AXE16000 and installed Merlins latest firmware.
I was going to play around with VLAN options that should be found under LAN -> VLAN. I cant find that tab under LAN at all..im using GT-AXE16000_3004_388.5_0_rog_nand_squashfs.pkgtb. Is it hidden or do i need stockfw for that?
Thx for all the work u and others put in ;)

Merlin's firmware doesn't currently support that VLAN option. That's only in the stock beta firmware (9.0.0.6.102.4856).

Merlin's firmware doesn't currently support that VLAN option. That's only in the stock beta firmware (9.0.0.6.102.4856).
Okay thx - do I dare to ask if its going to be implemented in the future?

Do you have any idea if it is on the roadmap for the Merlin firmware?
My guess is not for a long while yet. Last time I heard he said he hadn't made a discission yet because he hadn't looked at the new code.

Hope is all we have :) For me I long to start using VLAN so I can devide my homenetwork and guestnetworks and so on. Im subnetting today which works fine.

This Sucks... i bought the RT-AX86UPro for VLan use for my IoT and Guest and Camera. After a year, Asus has not updated the beta firmware. what the heck are they doing? I wish I bought a different router if i knew they were not going to update.. especially the "beta Version". I love Asus routers and the ease of installing Asus-Merlin firmware.

You're buying and testing things wrong.

You don't buy with the hope something will be implemented (even if it is promised by 'marketing').

You buy something, test it for the features you need (today), and return it if it doesn't meet those requirements.

Buying anything today and believing it will be improved beyond what is delivered upon receipt is wishful thinking on your part.

Learn and don't do that again (is the best you can do).

what the heck are they doing?

Apparently using RT-AX88U Pro as 3.0.0.6 test platform (3x firmware releases already, with some issues) and when the main issues are cleared out 3.0.0.6 will be released for other Pro routers. This doesn't guarantee everything working right away at release. There will be fixing things after as usual. If you need VLANs now - look at business class wired routers. They all have native VLAN support from sub $100 entry-level class like Ubiquiti ER-X, MikroTik hEX, TP-Link ER605, etc. Some folks around use them for Dual WAN purposes as a workaround of Asuswrt Dual WAN issues. Perhaps a cheap fix for your VLAN needs as well. You'll need a business class AP though.

You're buying and testing things wrong.

You don't buy with the hope something will be implemented (even if it is promised by 'marketing').

You buy something, test it for the features you need (today), and return it if it doesn't meet those requirements.

Buying anything today and believing it will be improved beyond what is delivered upon receipt is wishful thinking on your part.

Learn and don't do that again (is the best you can do).
ill agree to that!... feeling came into play.