What's new

AC88U no 5Ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tennbrikket

Occasional Visitor
Hello :) i picked up an used AC88U to replace my old ac66u. I've just installed merlin software and did a factory reset right after. But the 5ghz led lamp is not indicating anything. Also i have no 5GHZ client in device list. My oneplus 7t which is sitting next to the router should auto connect to 5ghz. Also when i open wifi analyzer its not showing any 5ghz close by, only 2.4ghz. Is my router faulty? , must sucks since i bought it used from an "old" lady which probably had no clue, i guess its out of warranty as well :/ . Are there any fixes i could try to solve the problem? Wifi setting is set to dual band smart connect. Firmware is merlin RT-AC88U_384.14_2

Put the stock Asus firmware back on it and do a factory reset (and complete power off/on). If it still doesn't work it's likely to be faulty.

P.S. Try it without Smart Connect.

First disable SmartConnect and set fix channel 36 (works worldwide on all 5GHz devices)!
Maybe your one+ doesnt support the channel used by router.

First disable SmartConnect and set fix channel 36 (works worldwide on all 5GHz devices)!
Maybe your one+ doesnt support the channel used by router.

Hi and thanks for reply. I've disabled snart connect, but i am unable to change the channel. I am in settings->advanced->wifi->general-> 5ghz current control channel 0. This in on stock firmware btw

channel 0 usually is an indication of faulty hardware, which i'm seeing a lot lately here !!!!!

Remove the power lead from the router but leave its power button in the on position so as to drain all current from the device. Wait a couple of minutes before powering it back on again. You might get lucky.

Remove the power lead from the router but leave its power button in the on position so as to drain all current from the device. Wait a couple of minutes before powering it back on again. You might get lucky.

I have just tried it without any luck :/

Luckily i have recieved the receipt and all electronics which are bought in Norway has 5 years warranty by law :). I've requested an RMA case now, so hopefully i will recieve a new one. The device was bought at a well known electronic shop, which has fantastic customer service, so this should get resolved pretty fast.

Hello :) i picked up an used AC88U to replace my old ac66u. I've just installed merlin software and did a factory reset right after. But the 5ghz led lamp is not indicating anything. Also i have no 5GHZ client in device list. My oneplus 7t which is sitting next to the router should auto connect to 5ghz. Also when i open wifi analyzer its not showing any 5ghz close by, only 2.4ghz. Is my router faulty? , must sucks since i bought it used from an "old" lady which probably had no clue, i guess its out of warranty as well :/ . Are there any fixes i could try to solve the problem? Wifi setting is set to dual band smart connect. Firmware is merlin RT-AC88U_384.14_2
Have you turned off smart connect pressed save and tried then ?

Yes, did not solve the issue. Based on what i have been reading on this forum the ac88u seems to have 5ghz radio issues. Hopefully i will just get a replacement.
I've been lucky with mine.had it running all day (streaming) for years without any problems

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!