What's new

Advice for choosing right router/extenders in home network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Regas

New Around Here
Hello,

Basically I have a huge dilemma on what to do with my home network.
Our house is quite big, 1000m2 or so, 3 floors of ~300m2
Now, the internet is provided by ADSL modem on 3rd floor on one side of the building, and I need to spread wireless internet in all the remaining house.
Right now I have D-Link DAP 1150 and DAP 1360 repeaters, and 7DBi external antenna.
Connected DAP1360 with 1 7DBi antenna to my ADSL modem and wireless is quite ok in half of 2nd floor.
Now I plan to buy another 2 antennas to replace the existing ones on repeaters, but I still need 1 more router/repeater I think.
So the question is, what should be better to act as an access point near my ADSL modem, is DAP-1360 with 2x 7DBi antennas a good choice? or should I get some serious router like E3200/4200 or ASUS N56U ? will it provide me with better signal to repeat farther with repeaters ? or DAP1360 would be superior in this case ?
DAP1360+2x antennas costs around the same as E3200 in my area. E4200/N56U is a bit more expensive.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!