What's new

Ai Protection - Malicious Sites Blocking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I've had a couple of problems today. I wanted to download an update to the route-planning utility ITN Converter, which I use for creating POI's for my TomTom wireless sat navs. However, initially I couldn't even open the editor, let alone download the latest update. I managed to fix that by adding entries to the Skynet whitelist, but then I found that Trend Micro's Ai Protection was blocking the download. However, on navigating to Trend Micro's URL checker, I found that it lists the download URL as being safe. So I wonder how often the Trend Micro feature on our routers gets updated. As this was also happening yesterday, it's obviously not as frequent as most antivirus software.

I know that this isn't entirely related to subjects covered in this part of the forum, but I thought it might be point of interest to some members, especially if they use ITN Converter.

IIRC the URL checking is hosted remotely off trend micro servers so I assume its the same online database their AV products use. The signature file that is downloaded to the router is for the DPI engine which detects exploit signatures etc.

You can White list in trends l Mirco I had to white list MSI live update.