What's new

AiCloud Sync support only SMBv1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tymchyshyn90

Occasional Visitor
My router is AC66U_B1 (fw 384.15 AC68U)

I tried for a long time to configure AiCloud Sync to synchronize with the shared folder on my PC. Nothing happened. And I found that it only supports SMBv1. Is it possible to add newer version support for future firmwares? This is a very handy feature. @RMerlin

Are you talking about Smart Access? That seems to be the only option that allows access to shared drives on network PCs.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1010004

The other two options, AiCloud Sync (Smart Sync) and Cloud Disk only share the contents of the router's USB drive.
upload_2020-3-5_16-16-55.png

I'm talking about this

View attachment 21762
I'm talking about this
I see. They must have added the Samba option later as there's no mention of it in the FAQ and the main AiCloud tab only mentions USB and webstorage.

Smart Access on AiCloud iphone app don't support too. Can't connect with my Windows 10 PC
I've not used the app but it looks like a fairly standard SMB/CIFS browser client. In which case that won't work with SMBv2 servers as browsing is not supported by the protocol.

My router is AC66U_B1 (fw 384.15 AC68U)

I tried for a long time to configure AiCloud Sync to synchronize with the shared folder on my PC. Nothing happened. And I found that it only supports SMBv1. Is it possible to add newer version support for future firmwares? This is a very handy feature. @RMerlin

Enabled or Disabled Windows Features -> SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support

Like you said, it's really SMBv1, If you want to access SMB on your router, you need to enable the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client. If you want the router to access your Windows SMB, you need to enable the SMB 1.0/CIFS Server.

I had the same problem before, and the Windows SMB share is a server side. I believe the AiCloud problem will also be solved from this.