What's new

AiMesh - phones only disconnect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Continued to experiment last couple days. Thought maybe the lack of the second 5ghz channel or power or the ac66u was a culprit... So took it out as a node. No positive gain.

After I disabled smart connect, I did see positive change. Even though I have times where I get the exclamation point (like walking around yard, clearly hoping to a new node) a few seconds later or so, I regain internet; whereas before I had to manually disconnect and reconnect.

So not perfect and sucks not being able to use smart connect but progress. Still want to call Asus.

Having the same issue. Phones tend to disconnect every so often. My son, who is constantly moving around while streaming something from something, is complaining that whatever he is streaming from (Youtube, Netflix to name a few) times out when he moves around. Not all the time, but often enough for it to be irritating.
I am seeing Roaming Reject errors in the log file, but I thought that would trigger that device to be "transferred" to a node closer to him. At least that is my understanding. More often than not, it happens on the 5ghz band, so manually selecting the 2.4 ghz fixes it. It seems to me that there's some logic in the hand-off process that needs sorting out in a firmware update.

Haven't spent much time playing around with settings. Don't have the time, and it is mostly okay.

Have had some issues with Aimesh, but working better now than ever before. Can only make it work using a wired backhaul though, but that's ok.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!