What's new

AiProtection keeps kicking in

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dref

Occasional Visitor
Recently I have persistently been getting messages from AiProtection on my Asus AC68U router as shown below:

Event number : 1
Alert type : Infected Device Prevention and Blocking
Source : (48:27:EA:93:B0:B7)
Destination : 62.138.7.171

RT-AC68U's AiProtection detected suspicious networking behavior and prevented your device making a connection to a malicious website (see above and the attached log for details).Suggested actions:
1. If you know that the cause of this attempted connection was a proprietary app or program and not a web browser, we recommand (sic) that you uninstall it from your device.

Here is the whois for the domain attempting connection

WHOIS Source: RIPE NCC

IP Address: 62.138.7.171

C:\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
Germany

Network Name: DE-HE-S4Y-LEGACY-SXB-4000

Owner Name: Host Europe Group

CIDR: 62.138.7.0/24

From IP: 62.138.7.0

To IP: 62.138.7.255

Allocated: Yes

Contact Name: Uwe Braun

Address: Hansestr. 109, 51149 Koeln

Email: uwe.braun@hosteurope.de

Abuse Email: abuse@hosteurope.de

Phone: +49 2203 1045 7000

Now here is a strange fact:

If I look up the MAC shown I get it is connected to Samsung.

As far as I am aware I have only 1 Samsung device (a mobile) and here is the confusing bit. The Router is in Thailand and the Samsung is in Spain so I do not see how it can be trying to connect through the router!

Anyway, can anyone shed any light on this and more importantly how I can go about solving this issue and preventing this happening?

A device with MAC address "48:27:EA:93:B0:B7" in your LAN trying to do something malicious.

Your Samsung device may be infected by a malicious app.