What's new

Allow Guest Login Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DarkDazza

New Around Here
Hi there

I have an Asus RT-AC66U. I'm trying to access films on my PC with apps on my iPad and also a WDTV media player. I've set "Allow guest login" to on, so I shouldn't be asked for a user name and password when trying to access my shares on PC, however I'm always getting asked for a login and password to Samba Server. I've tried all sorts of usernames and passwords that I think it may be, but none work.

asus_zpslrdhnno2.jpg

Even if I turn the "Allow guest login" to off and have it ask for a user name and password, I have no idea where on my router I should add or create a user name and password in the first place?

Help!

Hi there

I have an Asus RT-AC66U. I'm trying to access films on my PC with apps on my iPad and also a WDTV media player. I've set "Allow guest login" to on, so I shouldn't be asked for a user name and password when trying to access my shares on PC, however I'm always getting asked for a login and password to Samba Server. I've tried all sorts of usernames and passwords that I think it may be, but none work.

asus_zpslrdhnno2.jpg

Even if I turn the "Allow guest login" to off and have it ask for a user name and password, I have no idea where on my router I should add or create a user name and password in the first place?

Help!

Username/password creation is done right on the page where you are, just below.

You are confusing Guest log in on your WIFI with the password requirements of the PC operating system. With the router WIFI guest turned on you can connect to the WIFI and if wireless isolation is off you will be able to see and connect to any "visible" computer/device on your network. When you try to connect to a network share that device may ask you for a user and password. All depends what you have set up on that device. One thing you can do is move what you want to share to a public folder on the device. Or, better yet, connect a USB drive to your router and share your files from there!
bb

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!