What's new

Access device connected to Asus router remotely?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

qndp77

New Around Here
Hello, I need assistance setting up to access my android box remotely

I have an android box that is connected to my asus router at home. When i am at home, I can connect to the android box by typing the android box ip:8080

I want to be able to connect to the android box remotely (outside from home).

I have already set up the DDNS.

How do I set up so I can remotely access my android box from remote?

I currently can access my asus router remotely by typing https://myusername.asuscomm.com:8443/Main_Login.asp

If you are accessing through/from a mobile device, then easy way - not the best or worst way though - is to use "Instant Guard" in the VPN section of the WebUI and the associated mobile app.
*Unless things have changed you may need to allow access to the router absolutely just temporarily the first time you attempt to connect from a mobile device to the router. Once set up you absolutely should close that WAN access down - and the connection should continue to function!

If you are accessing through/from a mobile device, then easy way - not the best or worst way though - is to use "Instant Guard" in the VPN section of the WebUI and the associated mobile app.
*Unless things have changed you may need to allow access to the router absolutely just temporarily the first time you attempt to connect from a mobile device to the router. Once set up you absolutely should close that WAN access down - and the connection should continue to function!
is this for connecting to the router or to android box that is already connected to the asus router?

is this for connecting to the router or to android box that is already connected to the asus router?
This will do both, and you get to use the 192.168.50.x (or similar) address that you use locally. It has limitations, but for simple access it's fine! It'such a simple set up you should just try it. The biggest limitation is that you will need to be accessing through a mobile device there are no (public) clients for anything other IOS or Android.