What's new

[Alpha] 386.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin Will this build allow Instant Guard for the AC86u model? I see the changelog only shows two models but I get the message about mine not being supported even though ASUS Instant Guard page shows it is.

Code:
 FIXED: Missing Instant Guard to RT-AX56U and RT-AC88U.

All working fine here so maybe you need to reset the router.
View attachment 30600
I am guessing that this is a Broadcom issue and outside of RMerlin's control. I am still running 384.19 and have exactly the same issue
If I set 5Ghz to 80Mhz, then Bandwidth is correct and graphs are visible
If I change to 160Mhz the Bandwidth is shows as 10Mhz and graphs vanish.

Bug with the PPTP-site tunnel. The maximum clients is now 10, but when I adjust the address it auto fills the second part to listing 29 clients .

1612986260521.png

This is what it first looks like.

I modify the address to 192.168.90.2

1612986342937.png

It auto fills from 12 to 31. which suggest that it does not realize the limit is 10 clients. not 29 clients.

DDNS seems to be fixed in this alpha.

Tested AX86U and no longer getting abuse/ban from DNS-O-MATIC that I got from 386.1 and below (inc betas).

Got registration successful straight after upgrading firmware.

RT-AC86U to test (remotely) when I am brave enough....

Can you tell me what you are putting in each setting? I'm getting a error connecting. Saw your comment and installed alpha hoping it fixed it, but it didn't. Still getting an error when trying to connect to dnsomatic.

BTW, on a RT-AC86U

Bug with the PPTP-site tunnel. The maximum clients is now 10, but when I adjust the address it auto fills the second part to listing 29 clients .

View attachment 30614
This is what it first looks like.

I modify the address to 192.168.90.2

View attachment 30615

It auto fills from 12 to 31. which suggest that it does not realize the limit is 10 clients. not 29 clients.
Some models allow 29, others 10. But yes, the yellow text is incorrect if your model is in the list for 29.

@RMerlin Will this build allow Instant Guard for the AC86u model? I see the changelog only shows two models but I get the message about mine not being supported even though ASUS Instant Guard page shows it is.

Code:
 FIXED: Missing Instant Guard to RT-AX56U and RT-AC88U.

It was already there in 386.1.

Some models allow 29, others 10. But yes, the yellow text is incorrect if your model is in the list for 29.
The bug isn't the yellow text, but the fact that I load into the page it says i only have 10 clients when i previously saved having 29 clients. The yellow text is just a typographical error.

Dirty upgrade from 386.1 to 386.2_alpha1-g18f27b0693 following usual sequence with node first then main router (after safe usb disk removal from UI).
Upgrade of the Main fails first time round as in several 386 upgrades before, but successful on the second attempt. This is getting annoying actually, but good I still did not have to use Recovery Tool.

fail.png

Everything appears to be running as normal.

use asus Firmware Restoration instead

So, Time Scheduling is working with alpha1 v2. Yea from me, boo from my daughter. @RMerlin, any idea what caused Time Scheduling to start working again with this firmware?

Blood, sweat and tears. :D

So, Time Scheduling is working with alpha1 v2. Yea from me, boo from my daughter. @RMerlin, any idea what caused Time Scheduling to start working again with this firmware?
Re-harmonizing the firewall code with upstream

It was bad code merge. Merging newer GPL code to rc/firewall.c is always a crapshoot because a) lots of redundant code, causing patch/diff to occasionally insert code in the wrong location, and b) parts of my code in it is quite different from Asus, requiring manual merges for some sections.

So, a few lines of codes got inserted in the wrong location.

No change on TrendMicro/router speedtest issue

Re-harmonizing the firewall code with upstream

It was bad code merge. Merging newer GPL code to rc/firewall.c is always a crapshoot because a) lots of redundant code, causing patch/diff to occasionally insert code in the wrong location, and b) parts of my code in it is quite different from Asus, requiring manual merges for some sections.

So, a few lines of codes got inserted in the wrong location.

ok. I was wondering if you had used a newer GPL or it was something on your end. Either way, nice to have it back. Thanks.

Installed A2 from 384.19, after trying the latest stable release with the same problem making a rollback necessary. In a nutshell, I am unable to access the cable modem url at http://192.168.100.1. The login box appears, as usual. On login, the Router (?) looses WAN?? The router goes into a reset, but the cable modem connection is steady throughout, with no drop in the signal.
The cable router is hard wired to the router, as usual, so no change there. With .19 software, modem access is rock solid as in all other firmware updates. Now, any attempt to access scrambles DHCP assignments, resets the router, and generally just crushes the system. Manual resets of the bridge and main router are the only workable solution...that, and not even trying to sign into my modem.
I followed all protocols for the update, but absolutely nothing seems to help.

Last edited:
New Release: 386.1_2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!