What's new

[Alpha] 386.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Release notes seem to indicate that its the same as 386.2_a1_v2.
Almost, there might be a commit or two that are newer.

I simply decided to push it as it is as a point release, since the few non-bugfix changes (nano and inadyn updates) seem solid enough to not require going through a full beta cycle. And adding SNMP to the RT-AX86U probably won't cause any issue on its own (if it's not fully working, then people can always keep it disabled anyway).

Has anyone been able to upgrade to this on an RT-AC88U? I got the following error trying upgrade from 386.1 to 386.1_2, so I then tried the Feb 9 version of the 386.2 alpha and got the same error. I didn't try the Feb 4th version since that was older.

I then "updated" to 386.1 again just to make sure that firmware upgrades work and that did work.

1613193504804.png

Almost, there might be a commit or two that are newer.

I simply decided to push it as it is as a point release, since the few non-bugfix changes (nano and inadyn updates) seem solid enough to not require going through a full beta cycle. And adding SNMP to the RT-AX86U probably won't cause any issue on its own (if it's not fully working, then people can always keep it disabled anyway).

So, does this mean 386.1_2 is the release version of 386.2 alpha?

So, does this mean 386.1_2 is the release version of 386.2 alpha?
As I said, there might be a commit or two that weren`t included in the last public test build.

Since upgrading to this on my 5300 I have a problem with routes to various sites, this coincided with my isp doing maintenance but they can't seem to find any problems. I am wondering if this could be caused by the upgrade? I did not dirty flash it. Thank you in advance! Best Regards.

My AC88U is running sweet after the last stable release. But I like tinkering so will flash this later on. Thank you for your work!!

Upgraded 386.2.alpha to 386.1_2. I change the sequence to observe - upgrading main route first (without USB stick safe removal), followed by node.
As usual the first attempt on main router failed, but the second succeeded. Starting to think it is only on my router and nobody else...

Can you tell me what you are putting in each setting? I'm getting a error connecting. Saw your comment and installed alpha hoping it fixed it, but it didn't. Still getting an error when trying to connect to dnsomatic.

BTW, on a RT-AC86U

Fixed for two AX86U routers, but NOT fixed for AC86U.

When I flashed the AC86U, this is still not fixed.

@Merlin, DNS-OMATIC i still broken for AC86U despite fixing for AX86U...

Upgraded 6 AC68Us (1 router, 5 non AIMesh APs) from Merlin 386.2_alpha1-g18f27b0693 to 386.1_2 using a dirty flash with no apparent issues.

This was a dirty upgrade, but all had been factory reset and NV-RAM reset after the upgrade from 384-19 to 386-1b4.

AC68U "router" is running Diversion, Skynet, and DNScrypt, firewall and AiProtection are on, QOS is off.

Lan from this router is split into two subnets, using an EdgeRouter ER-X, and then to two AC68U APs (daisy-chained,) (for computers) on one subnet and three AC68U APs for (surveillance) on the other subnet.

Ookla speedtest from computers on the subnets showed 86 mbps down and 28 mbps up both before and after the upgrade on a 75/30 fiber connection . Merlin Speedtest on the router showed about the same both before and after upgrade at 86/29.

No updates to Diversion, Skynet, DNScrypt or Entware were needed. Highest temp is 73°C and steady after about 30 minutes.

THANKS Merlin!

Fixed for two AX86U routers, but NOT fixed for AC86U.

When I flashed the AC86U, this is still not fixed.

@Merlin, DNS-OMATIC i still broken for AC86U despite fixing for AX86U...
Fix your config then. This is the exact same inadyn software on all router models.

final 386.1_2 version out now!
Clarifying... this thread is about 386.2_a1_v2 'ish.

So wouldn't this 386.2x be 'newer' than the 386.1_2? Isn't this .2 on a later GPL release than .1? Looked just now for the GPL of 386.2 and didn't find while posting. Will have to look harder.

386.2_a1_v2 is working very nicely for me on AX88U, AC86U and AC68P.

Fix your config then. This is the exact same inadyn software on all router models.

Hi, its the same config as the two AX86U routers that work fine.

I'll try another factory router reset on the AC86U when out of lockdown as this is parents router. I did expect it to be the same code which you confirmed.
It was broken on all AX86U/AC86U in the 386.1 alpha and betas - but when inadyn was updated they (AX86U) both now work.

UPDATE: AC86U is ok. First reboot after update implemented and for some reason DNSomatic must have refused an update. A reboot hours later and its registered now.
Happy again, I did think it was odd at the time as expected code to be the same and I knew the AX86U DDNS for DNSomatic worked.

Sorry Merlin
:)

Last edited:
Clarifying... this thread is about 386.2_a1_v2 'ish.

So wouldn't this 386.2x be 'newer' than the 386.1_2? Isn't this .2 on a later GPL release than .1? Looked just now for the GPL of 386.2 and didn't find while posting. Will have to look harder.

386.2_a1_v2 is working very nicely for me on AX88U, AC86U and AC68P.
My understanding is that this was being called 386.2 Alpha, and was subsequently renamed 386.1_2 when released as a "Final". @RMerlin decided that since it only contained bug fixes to the original 386.1(and not a full new GPL from Asus), thus a "point" release. I would suggest a renaming of this thread, as we now have many confused users, and info scattered across two threads.

May I suggest a renaming (and possibly closing) of this thread, now that this Alpha firmware was officially released as 386.1_2? At this point it doesn't seem to make sense confusing users into thinking that this Alpha is newer than the release, when in fact the opposite is the case.
Just a suggestion...

May I suggest a renaming (and possibly closing) of this thread, now that this Alpha firmware was officially released as 386.1_2? At this point it doesn't seem to make sense confusing users into thinking that this Alpha is newer than the release, when in fact the opposite is the case.
Just a suggestion...
Nothing to be confuse about, this thread is about 386.2 a natural progression which RMerlin will continue on. What he released is 386.1, even most of the correction was from 386.2, this version will live on not unless RMerlin disagrees.

Last edited:
Nothing to be confuse about, this thread is about 386.2 a natural progression which RMerlin will continue on. What he released is 386.1, even most of the correction was from 386.2, this version will live on not unless RMerlin disagrees.
I would say that we will (one day) get a true 386.2 Alpha when development starts from @RMerlin based on a new GPL drop from Asus. This is not it, but sure, two different views, I get it.

Hi, its the same config as the two AX86U routers that work fine.

I'll try another factory router reset on the AC86U when out of lockdown as this is parents router. I did expect it to be the same code which you confirmed.
It was broken on all AX86U/AC86U in the 386.1 alpha and betas - but when inadyn was updated they (AX86U) both now work.

UPDATE: AC86U is ok. First reboot after update implemented and for some reason DNSomatic must have refused an update. A reboot hours later and its registered now.
Happy again, I did think it was odd at the time as expected code to be the same and I knew the AX86U DDNS for DNSomatic worked.

Sorry Merlin
:)

I was having an issue, couldn't connect to DNSOMATIC. Even tried clean install on 386.1 and 386.2 alpha.. Same.

I had Cloudflare setup as DNS-over-TLS Server. I just switched my DNS-over-TLS Server from cloudflare to Quad 9. And now I can connect to DNSOMATIC.

Is Cloudflare incompatible with DNSOMATIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.