What's new

[Alpha] 386.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already flashed to both RT-AX86U's, rebooted once (at 15 minutes), and now rebooting again (60 minutes). :)

(BTW, rebooting via the GUI. AiMesh, System Settings, System Reboot method).

Smooth sailing so far.

I was thinking a gt-axe11000 build might pop up. Figure Merlin has had one for awhile...maybe.

Nothing in it for RT-AX86U ... but could help RT-AC88U and RT-AX56U ... change log so far ...

Code:
386.2 (xx-xxx-2021)
  - UPDATED: inadyn to 2.8.1.
  - FIXED: Missing Game Mode to RT-AC88U
  - FIXED: Non-working 160 MHz settings for RT-AC88U region/versions
           that should support it
  - FIXED: Missing Instant Guard to RT-AX56U and RT-AC88U.

Nothing in it for RT-AX86U ... but could help RT-AC88U and RT-AX56U ... change log so far ...

Code:
386.2 (xx-xxx-2021)
  - UPDATED: inadyn to 2.8.1.
  - FIXED: Missing Game Mode to RT-AC88U
  - FIXED: Non-working 160 MHz settings for RT-AC88U region/versions
           that should support it
  - FIXED: Missing Instant Guard to RT-AX56U and RT-AC88U.
- UPDATED: inadyn to 2.8.1. :)

it will depend on Gpl's from asus and it will depend if Merlin wants to support it or not can't see that happening any time soon

After noticing slightly higher memory usage on my AX88U, I took a better look at what the changes were and there are more changes than what the changelog states for some models, like debugging logs are turned off, conndiag & iPerf3 enabled, etc, which on the AX88U, explains the slightly higher memory usage,

The changelogs are never complete (they can't be, and the firmware still be brought out in a timely fashion). :)

I really like new network info, this is one snapshot.

Phy_5g_a.jpg

The changelogs are never complete (they can't be, and the firmware still be brought out in a timely fashion). :)

That's 100% true, I was just noting that there are changes for more models than what the changelog states,

I really like new network info, this is one snapshot.

View attachment 30360

This was probably missing because I had CONNDIAG disabled (I originally thought it was only used when sending Asus Feedback info). Turns out it's now used by AiMesh itself - could have changed at one point.

Will be possible to bound more than 10 devices to specific AiMesh node?

Closed source. Not now.

Need to wait for Asus.

Using 386.2 A1 AX58U. Working very good. Thanks @Merlin !!

Oh well might aswell install this alpha seeing i'm gonna do a hard reset today, Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!