What's new

[alpha] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 pre-beta test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

Is ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7743 part of current Alpha-2?

Hi.

Is ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7743 part of current Alpha-2?

7743 came out less than 12 hours ago, and alpha 2 was compiled well over a week ago...

7743 came out less than 12 hours ago, and alpha 2 was compiled well over a week ago...
No offence...thought you maybe had received a prerelease.....
Thanks for a quick reply.

No offence...thought you maybe had received a prerelease.....
Thanks for a quick reply.

No, Asus doesn't share much with me nowadays.

We'll have to wait for them to provide GPL downloads before I can determine if it can be merged, or if it involves binary blob changes.

@RMerlin I thought Asus was supposed to do a big redesign release for AsusWRT or am I mistaken?

Not "redesign", but lots of rewrites and changes. That's the 382 codebase, which is currently only used by the GT-AC5300. No word as to when and which previous models will be moved to that new codebase.

Off topic but 7743 works very good. I think Asus is heading in the right direction. :)

Off topic but 7743 works very good. I think Asus is heading in the right direction. :)

Already one user saying the complete opposite.

<shrug>

Is what it is - like I mentioned in another thread - moving walkway is nearing it's end...

Asus seems to be going in a certain direction....

Whats that suppose to mean ? Be clear my friend..

Is what it is - like I mentioned in another thread - moving walkway is nearing it's end...

Asus seems to be going in a certain direction....

What does this have to do with the fact that two persons claim completely opposite performance results with the same firmware?

Am running Alpha 2 on an AC68U - rock solid so far (OpenVPN, standard routing, Parental controls).
However, after reviewing the thread about WPS (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/anyone-notice-wps-turn-itself-back-on.39397/), I went to check mine... click Wireless tab, then click to the WPS tab (Advanced_WWPS_Content.asp) - as soon as I do that, it redirects immediately to the Network map page.

Is this a gremlin? I've rebooted the router to be sure, but still re-occurs.

I updated to alpha2 (later june version) on the RT-AC3200 yesterday just before enabling dual WAN (ISP outage, so I configured my old ISP which isn't yet canceled).

Once the ISP fixed service the router correctly flipped back to primary and speedtests, pings etc - all normal yesterday evening.

This morning a speedtest showed high latency (150ms ish) and around 30-50 Mbps instead of 220 Mbps over Ethernet. This was from 2 separate machines.
Yet on wifi I was still getting the full 220 Mbps (my initial thought was ISP fault again).
The router didn't show anything abnormal I could see in syslog, nor was cPU high (2-4%), but I rebooted the router (I didn't touch either the cable or vdsl modems)
Following this a quick few mins on secondary (I set along timeout for failback),m back on primary, and Ethernet speedtests were fine.

Very odd. Not sure I can think what could cause that which could relate to the alpha firmware but thought I'd mention it. I'll keep an eye out for any reoccurance

Interestingly I had a second occurance yesterday

Trying to think of random things that might affect lan-wan performance I went to disable spanning tree... But that of course rebooted the router anyway at which point everything was fast again.

Multiple machines affected though they were behind one or two gigabit switches and an av2000 power line. That being said machine to machine was full speed (400 Mbps plus on power line)

As before 5GHz wifi was not affected... Full speed and no latency issues. I may try and compare with the regular beta or another firmware revision to see if it's specific to this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I can't use the Samba Server with an USB 3.0 32GB Stick.

Its formated with GPT ext2. Trying to push a 2GB ISO file onto the stick from my PC with 5GHz WLAN but the transfare rate never goes over 1MB/s oO (speedtest shows 120Mb/s down and up 6Mb/s is possible)

The USB 3.0 WLAN thing is activated. CPUs are not in use. RAM is fine too.

/dev/sda1 ext2 28.5G 173.1M 26.9G 1% /tmp/mnt/router_usb

Any hint?

EDIT: Reformatting the stick with MBR and ext2 at the moment, perhaps that was the reason.

EDIT2: Did not fix the problem. But I found another one: When you check your usb device for errors over the gui, there is no result displayed after the check has finished. You have to refresh the site.

EDIT3: Same on USB2

EDIT4: Rebooted my pc, tried it again: Starts with about 30MB/s and goes down in some seconds to 0. GUI tells me CPU1 100%, CPU0 does nothing, RAM 50%, but top shows CPU: 0.2% usr 0.8% sys 0.0% nic 0.0% idle 98.6% io 0.0% irq 0.1% sirq

EDIT5: With small files, it seems to work, but I can't even push a 400MB ZIP file on it..

Last edited:
Had to move some cabling, NAS arrays, etc., today so cable modem and router powered down. Back on, same old, same old. Why is the WAN port taking so long to update and needing to manually go through it and do so?

This is new and very annoying.

Don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I can't use the Samba Server with an USB 3.0 32GB Stick.

Its formated with GPT ext2. Trying to push a 2GB ISO file onto the stick from my PC with 5GHz WLAN but the transfare rate never goes over 1MB/s oO (speedtest shows 120Mb/s down and up 6Mb/s is possible)

The USB 3.0 WLAN thing is activated. CPUs are not in use. RAM is fine too.

/dev/sda1 ext2 28.5G 173.1M 26.9G 1% /tmp/mnt/router_usb

Any hint?

EDIT: Reformatting the stick with MBR and ext2 at the moment, perhaps that was the reason.

EDIT2: Did not fix the problem. But I found another one: When you check your usb device for errors over the gui, there is no result displayed after the check has finished. You have to refresh the site.

EDIT3: Same on USB2

EDIT4: Rebooted my pc, tried it again: Starts with about 30MB/s and goes down in some seconds to 0. GUI tells me CPU1 100%, CPU0 does nothing, RAM 50%, but top shows CPU: 0.2% usr 0.8% sys 0.0% nic 0.0% idle 98.6% io 0.0% irq 0.1% sirq

EDIT5: With small files, it seems to work, but I can't even push a 400MB ZIP file on it..

Just tested my AC88U with alpha 2 and 2.4gb video file. Start at 19mb/s (USB2.0) but few seconds later goes to 1-2mb.

Just updated to beta1 on my AC66U. Looks like it doesn't broadcast my 5Ghz network? All other networks are there.

I noticed that you pulled beta1. That should be the reason. Just flashed back to .67 alpha2

Eventually I had to revert to .66_4 to get 5Ghz working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.